Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi, I'm 20 years old and in college.  I was sexually assaulted in January of this year and joined this site because I had thought things would be fine by now because I wasn't raped, only sexually assaulted, but now it's been beginning to seriously affect me in ways I hadn't expected.

Hi maneticzeros,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered. Tho I am glad it didn't get is far as rape, it is still trauma, and trauma does take time to heal from. Every member have their own experiences, but we all yearn and deserve to heal. This includes you.  I am glad that you have joined the site, as you will find many supportive and understanding members here. I wish you well as you walk on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome to AS Magnetic! I am sorry for what brought you here - SA is trauma in its own right, you shouldn't feel like you should be ok because it wasn't 'full-on r***'. Hope being part of this wonderful community will help you heal. :notalone:

(((maneticzeros)))

I am so sorry for what happened! I hope that you are able to find the support you need. It is always difficult to deal with the pain and confusion of assault. I hope that you are able to find your way around and know that you are supported here. Thinking of you. Looking forward to seeing you around the board.

Wishin

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. One piece of advice my friends here offered me is don't compare your trauma to that of others. That really resonated with me because like you I tended to minimize what happened to me. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: