Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm new

(((SignIn)))

Welcome to AS! Glad that you have found the site and hope you are able to navigate your way around. I hope that you are able to find the support that you are seeking. I love dogs too! I have a Chihuahua :) .  I hope that you find your way around the board. There are many different sections for different topics. Feel free to browse around. We are here to help and support.

I did see a bit of your other post and some difficulties you were having. This link is for what we call "Newbie Support". These are people who are able to assist with new members. You can click on their screen names and it will take you to their profile. On their profile you will find a button that says "Message" and there you can send them a PM (private message) where they can assist with questions you might have.

http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?/search/&type=core_members&group[31]=1

I hope that this helps and know that you are supported and heard. We are here. Thinking of you.

Wishin

46 minutes ago, SignIn said:

I'm new.  I'm a Capricorn and I like dogs.

Hi Signin welcome to AS, I am sorry about what happened to you many years ago. It is very normal to deal with these things years later. I did see you  other posts and we here to help you. I understand this site can be overwhelming and like you I am older and have a hard time with these things. I am going to send you a private message.

Patricia

Hi SignIn,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, it was wrong and you were definitely not to blame. Many of us go thru this self-blame, which is hard to overcome. Nobody has the right to hurt another like this. I have seen your other post, and I really understand how difficult it can be. This site was new to us all at one point, and not all of us so computer savvy. We are here to help you and make your adjustment as easy as possible. It takes a lot of courage to reach out, especially when you are unsure about the site. Be patient with yourself, and it will become easier. I wish you many more steps on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

hello and welcome to After silence, i am sorry for what has brought you to our commuity but i hope that be being here you can start to heal. I wish you well

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your encouragement,  and caring help.  It is hard, but AS feels like I just crawled into a pillow fort of support. Please feel free to fling kindness in my direction at any time.  I think I'm gonna need it.  Carolyn

Edited by SignIn