Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

The time has come

Hi everyone,

I have just joined AS and it's great to see how much love and support there is in these forums. I find it really comforting and it's really going to aid me in allowing myself to open up and share my story so that I can begin the process of healing. After 13 years of remaining silent, it's time for me to step up and help myself. This will be a good first step for me I think. The hard part will be facing my shadow side and some very deeply stored trauma that doesn't want to come anywhere near the surface.

Thanks for lending your ears :)

Kate 

14 minutes ago, kate91 said:

Hi everyone,

I have just joined AS and it's great to see how much love and support there is in these forums. I find it really comforting and it's really going to aid me in allowing myself to open up and share my story so that I can begin the process of healing. After 13 years of remaining silent, it's time for me to step up and help myself. This will be a good first step for me I think. The hard part will be facing my shadow side and some very deeply stored trauma that doesn't want to come anywhere near the surface.

Kate 

Hi Kate , welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you went through. That first step is always the hardest but I am glad you took it. You are right there is a lot of love and support on this site.  For me the biggest thing I am not alone and others understand how I am feeling. I understand when you say deep stored trauma that is stored, I am just going there myself, it is hard but I know I will be stronger and find me at the end of this. Take your time going over the site. We are here for you as you start this journey of healing.

Patricia

40 minutes ago, kate91 said:

Hi everyone,

Kate 

Kate you are in a good place here. I am new since October never had the courage to post until recently. I have been in therapy for the past 8 months.  I have a wonderful support system with my advocate and therapist.  Very little family support...in fact none...

Everyone is beautiful here.  Stay true to yourself..

Tina

Hi Kate, welcome to AS! Glad you found this place although I wish you didn't have a reason for being here. People are so supportive and kind, we are all here for each other. Hope you  find your way around ok. :notalone:

((Kate))

Welcome to AS! I am sorry for what brings you here. I am glad that you are finding your way around the board and that you feel this is a supportive place. I am glad that you found it and hope that we are able to help in your healing journey. It is good that you feel you are able to come to the point you are ready to break your silence. We are here to support! Thinking of you!

Wishin

6 hours ago, kate91 said:

Hi everyone,

Kate 

I'm sorry for what brings you hear Kate :( but am glad you are here and seeking the support you so deserve! 

My ears are on standby for you any time you need them :up:

9 hours ago, kate91 said:

Hi everyone,

Kate 

Hi Kate,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive and safe site. You will meet many kind and understanding members. This is a huge step, reaching out. Every journey starts with that first step. We are here for you, as you continue this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Welcome Kate to AS, i hope you are finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help please contact me or one of the Newbie support team, we are here to help

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu: