Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here. 5 days out

Hi BrokenAngel and welcome.

There is a lot of support here and I hope this site really helps you get through this hard time.

Since your assault was so recent have you sought help from anyone in your area? Depending where you are located there are crisis centres available for help in these situations.

I wish you luck on your healing journey and hope to see you around the boards.

H

19 minutes ago, BrokenAngel81 said:

I was violently raped 5 days ago and I'm a mess. I don't even know if everything I'm feeling is normal or not.

Hi brokenAngel  welcome to AS, I am very sorry for what happened to. You will find lots of support here. Take your time in sharing whatever you need to share.

Can I ask what you doing to look after yourself right now.? Do you have someone who can turn too? We here for you, you are NOT ALONE!!!!!

Hi Angel,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you experienced trauma. It was not fair for anyone to hurt you like that. Emotions can be very tricky, I know. Everything is so fresh for you right now. I am glad that you have reached out, it is a big step to take. As others have suggested, I do hope you are taking steps for self care right now. Your physical and emotional well being is very important. This site is full of amazingly kind and understanding members. We are here for you. I wish you the best as you begin down your path of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

2 hours ago, Hail said:

Hi BrokenAngel and welcome.

There is a lot of support here and I hope this site really helps you get through this hard time.

Since your assault was so recent have you sought help from anyone in your area? Depending where you are located there are crisis centres available for help in these situations.

I wish you luck on your healing journey and hope to see you around the boards.

H

I haven't seeked any help yet, not sure if I want to. The anxiety is through the roof and I want to screamed and cry. The bruises are still everywhere. 

Thank you 😊

1 hour ago, patriciag said:

Hi brokenAngel  welcome to AS, I am very sorry for what happened to. You will find lots of support here. Take your time in sharing whatever you need to share.

Can I ask what you doing to look after yourself right now.? Do you have someone who can turn too? We here for you, you are NOT ALONE!!!!!

My friend doesn't understand. He thinks I should be over it. I'm trying to block it out but it just keeps replaying in my head. He was a close friend of mine for years and he changed.

49 minutes ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Angel,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you experienced trauma. It was not fair for anyone to hurt you like that. Emotions can be very tricky, I know. Everything is so fresh for you right now. I am glad that you have reached out, it is a big step to take. As others have suggested, I do hope you are taking steps for self care right now. Your physical and emotional well being is very important. This site is full of amazingly kind and understanding members. We are here for you. I wish you the best as you begin down your path of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

My anxiety is through the roof. I've done everything I can to divert my attention but it won't stop replaying. I told him to stop many times.

Hi Angel, welcome to AS.

Everything you are describing sounds like normal reactions after such a traumatic experience. I am truly sorry about what happened to you. Nobody deserves that and I wish none of us had to go through it...

I agree that it might be good for you to seek professional support in your area. It is great that you have found AS, but traumas such as the one you have been through require support from someone with qualifications and experience in helping survivors heal - it is too much for us to bear on our own. I understand if it is too overwhelming for you to reach out at the moment, but maybe have a think about it. You can also ask people here how they have sought support and what they found useful or how they overcame their fears. Most of us have been where you are now and know how terrifying and heart-breaking it is. 

Have you got anyone to talk to about this in real life? Someone you trust? Support from someone in real life can be invaluable for your healing. 

I am sorry you are going through this. Hope AS helps you start to heal. :notalone:

Hi, BrokenAngel, and welcome! :wave: I'm so sorry that happened to you. It's something that you just can't "get over."  The healing process takes time. Be gentle with yourself. :notalone:

Edited by Struggling88

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Hi, BrokenAngel. I am glad you have found us, but I am so sorry for what your "friend" did to you. :(  I hope you will be able to find someone in real life who can support you, as well as all of us here...I have found that having someone who knows, that I see, is hard, but at the same time very good for me - especially since my tendency is to deny & stuff the feelings. :blush:

Be gentle with yourself. :flowers: