Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Is there support at night

I have the hardest time at night I live in the eastern time zone of the United States, I joined a support group on another website, whenever I log on I am the only one logged in. My counselor suggested I look into these online sites for support. But right now I feel this was a bad idea, I had a lot of hope that I could get some support when I couldn't handle the pain at night, she made it sound like it was a good, and safe place for me. I am not sure anymore.

((((Lostwoman)))

welcome to AS! I am sorry for what brings you here and the struggles you have at night. I know myself and many others can relate. People on here seem pretty active throughout the day and night. I hope that you are able to find the support you seek here. Know that there are so many people who care and understand. You are not alone. Thinking of you. 

Wishin

32 minutes ago, lostwoman4253 said:

I have the hardest time at night I live in the eastern time zone of the United States, I joined a support group on another website, whenever I log on I am the only one logged in. My counselor suggested I look into these online sites for support. But right now I feel this was a bad idea, I had a lot of hope that I could get some support when I couldn't handle the pain at night, she made it sound like it was a good, and safe place for me. I am not sure anymore.

Hi Lost and welcome to AS, you will find people on at all different hours. I am a night person so I understand being up all night. There is a great bunch of people here. I hope you will come to know this was good idea. Take your time going the board.

Patricia

Lostwoman, AS is a good and safe place where you can find support at all hours of the day and night, but I think more people are around during day time or evening in the US. I encourage you to spend some time here just to experience having the support and understanding of other people who know what you are going through. I think you will find it very helpful.

If you find that you are not able to get the support that you need precisely when you need it here, then I suggest that you contact RAINN (www.rainn.org) at the times when you feel like you can't handle the pain alone. You can contact them anonymously either by phone or chat and talked to a counselor 24/7.

Hi lostwoman! There are people from all sorts of different time zones on here so there will probably always be someone to talk to. I really hope you find the support you deserve here! Welcome to AS. 

Welcome!  Not everyone lives in the same time zone so I think you may be able to find some support at night because it's not night everywhere at once.  Plus I'm in EST and sometimes I'm on at weird hours, as I'm sure some others are.  

Hi lost women, there are a few UK/europe members here who are around in the mornings there time, so it would be night where you are. 

I hope you can find the support you need, billie

21 hours ago, lostwoman4253 said:

Hi lostwoman,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but this is a very supportive site. As the others have said, there are different time zones and different countries on this site, so I would think you would find others here late at night. I would suggest trying a few nights to see. I would hate to see you give up before you start, as the members here are truly understanding and kind. You deserve to heal and I know this site and it's members can be a help. Take your time before deciding. I do wish you the best on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: