Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

Hi so here it goes . I decided to find support and find my self again so here I am. Not really sure what to say or if I even did this part right but I've made the first step.

Hey! I'm so glad you joined! I'm sorry for what you've gone through that got you to this point though. I'm a new member here and I've only posted a few things but I already feel more validated and have gotten some good advice for a lot of different things, so you did the right thing and found a great place to talk!

I'm here if you ever want to talk! :)

1 hour ago, Wndrwmn said:

Hi so here it goes . I decided to find support and find my self again so here I am. Not really sure what to say or if I even did this part right but I've made the first step.

Hi wndrwmn, welcome to AS. You will find this a very supportive group. There is a lot to take in but take your time to get to know the site.

Patricia

Welcome wndrwmn, I really like your name. Very clever. I am sorry for what brought you here but glad you found us. This is a very supportive, safe place. it's normal to feel nervous or not know where to start. Just take your time and have a look around. :notalone::supportu: 

5 hours ago, Wndrwmn said:

Hi Wnderwmn,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have experienced trauma. It was wrong for anybody to hurt you, but you have found a very supportive site. What you have said is completely fine. It isn't easy to reach out, so you should give yourself a lot of credit taking that first step. The first step is the most important, without it you are not moving. Take it as slowly as you like, sometimes reading helps to make you comfortable. I learned so much, and still do, just by reading. When you are ready, we will be here for you. So congratulations on your first step, and I wish you well as you begin your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thank you for the encouraging words and just is what I needed. I hope to be able to navigate around better soon 😀. It really nice to find a place where people understand or I guess relate is a better word.

(((((wndrwmn))))))

Welcome to AS!! I am sorry for what brings you here but I hope that you find the support you are seeking. Know that there are so many supportive people here who understand what you are going through. Look forward to seeing you around the board. 

Wishin

Hey you did fine!  It's so good to see you here!  I hope AS will be a welcoming, kind, and safe place to help you find yourself.  I'm sure that you will find you are still a wonderful person no matter what painful things have brought you here.  Again, welcome!!!  :wave: :penguin:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: