Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Yet another newcomer

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and I came here hoping to find some inspiration and advice.

I am 34 now, and I was raped when I was 13. Many things happened since then, and I had therapy, but I've been living with this pain for 21 years. It is a little life, and it hurts to look at this period of time and see it tainted. However, it hurts even more to look forward knowing that the pain will remain with me for however long I'm going to live.

There's a saying, 'once a girl has been raped, she cannot be unraped'. However, I still want to find a way to live a happier life, without this gnawing pain in the back of my mind.

Hi LonelyWalker,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced at 13. It was wrong and you were not to blame, but I know even with those facts it's not something so easily to get over. There is truth about what you stated...it cannot be undone.  I believe we can all work towards more better days, than no so good days. We can make progress and have productive lives. It may not be how we imagined them, but we are worth the fight. You are worth the fight. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding members. Reaching out to us is a big step in the right direction. You will have more better days and you deserve them. I wish you well on that journey.

Mary

:notalone:

((((LonelyWalker)))))

Welcome to AS!! i am sorry for what brings you here but I hope you find the support you are seeking. Know that this board is filled with those who care and understand. Take your time and know hat you are not alone. Thinking of you. Look forward to seeing you around the board. 

Wishin

Hi LonelyWalker,

welcome to AS, I hope being here with us will help you on your healing journey and you will feel less alone.There are a lot of members here who will relate to your story, we are all here for you

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu:

Thank you very much for the kind words, ladies! I appreciate the time you took to welcome me here.

The forum does look like a good place to find help and support, even though I've only just started to explore it. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to help someone too...

1 hour ago, LonelyWalker said:

Thank you very much for the kind words, ladies! I appreciate the time you took to welcome me here.

The forum does look like a good place to find help and support, even though I've only just started to explore it. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to help someone too...

Honestly, you've already helped me! Your advice on the repressed memories on my post was super helpful since I wasn't sure how to even begin to unravel them! Thanks so much! And your positivity looking forward is nothing but inspirational. :)

Edited by Nathalie

Welcome Lonely Walker, looks like you are already finding your way around pretty well and making a difference. I am glad to meet you although I wish it were for other reasons. :notalone: :supportu:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: