Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

It's not easy to write this first message. 
It's my first step to recovery even though I'm still so confused about what happened and my feelings.

I hope to find answers and people who can understand me :)

Have a great day everyone 

:aswelcomesu:

Sorry for what brings you here @sue31 :( 

You are definitely in a place of support and understanding though. And good for you for taking these first steps on the road to healing :) Wishing you all the best! 

Welcome to AS, Sue. Take your time getting to know the forum. I know this first step is the hardest. Hope you will find lots of support and some answers here. I support you. :notalone:

Welcome Sue.

I'm sorry for what brings you here, but you'll find lots of support and there are lots of different forums on AS.  There is also a chat room (where you'll often find me!) - you need to have posted 10 times to be able to go in it though, and there is an area for writing a blog if you wish.

I wish you all the best on your journey of recovery,

Forest x

Welcome Sue! I am sorry for what brings you here but if you are looking for support and understanding this is the right place. This board is filled with great people who are willing to listen and help. Know that my inbox is always open if you need an understanding ear. Thinking of you. 

Wishin

3 hours ago, sue31 said:

It's my first step to recovery even though I'm still so confused about what happened and my feelings.

Hi Sue,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you experienced, but you have found a very supportive site. It's not easy to reach out for the first time, but so glad you did. You will find the members here kind and understanding. It's normal to be confused and feelings can be such a rollercoaster at times. Take your time and look around, then share when you are comfortable. This was your first big step, and I am sure you will take many more on your path of healing. Best wishes to you.

Mary

:notalone:

4 hours ago, sue31 said:

Hi sue, welcome to AS. I know this is a big step and how hard it is, you need to be proud of yourself for taking it. You are not alone here.

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

On 07/07/2016 at 1:39 AM, reglois said:

Hi  Sue in France from another Sue in France  :lol:    :aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone:  :bighug: if ok

Thanks a lot.:lol:

Are you french? 

Oh everyone you are all so welcoming and kind.
Thank you so much, it means a lot to me to know that I can talk to people who understand 

sue, welcome to AS! I just recently joined and it took me awhile to post my first message as well because I was so nervous. I think that we have both taken a very big step. I am already seeing that AS is a supportive, safe place so I hope that you are seeing that also. Know that you are not alone in feeling confused because it has almost been three years for me and I am still confused. If you ever need to talk, I am here! Welcome again!

hello Sue

welcome to After silence, thank you for joining our community, i hope you find it helpful in your healing journey,  I hope you're finding your way around the board okay, if you need any help please contact me or one of the team any time and we will do our best to help

take care

Paula :aswelcomesu: