Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to the site

Hi everyone! I'm not sure where to begin. My counselor recommended this site to me, but I am nervous about joining. I confirmed my registration about a week ago, and I have logged on several times. I finally got the courage to actually post something. I've felt so alone because my family doesn't really know what happened and my close friend at the time doesn't understand and we've grown drastically apart. My best friend now doesn't fully understand, and I don't like burdening her with it either. So, I've felt alone because I've only really had my counselor to talk to. I am hoping that this site will provide me with some extra support. Thank you for taking the time to read this!   

19 minutes ago, BeachyLibrarian said:

Hi everyone! I'm not sure where to begin. My counselor recommended this site to me, but I am nervous about joining. I confirmed my registration about a week ago, and I have logged on several times. I finally got the courage to actually post something. I've felt so alone because my family doesn't really know what happened and my close friend at the time doesn't understand and we've grown drastically apart. My best friend now doesn't fully understand, and I don't like burdening her with it either. So, I've felt alone because I've only really had my counselor to talk to. I am hoping that this site will provide me with some extra support. Thank you for taking the time to read this!   

hi beachyLibrarian,

Welcome To AS , i can assure you this is a safe place & most people are quite friendly & nervous much like yourself.

do make yourself at home here .

greetings,

Free2Fly :tealribbon::butterfly:

Hi BeachyLibrarian,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. You are not alone. We have all been new, so we do understand your nervousness. Take your time and look around. There is no time table and share only what you are comfortable with. Your nerves will lessen eventually. It is a really big step reaching out to other survivors. One of many steps I am sure you will take on this healing journey.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome BeachyLibrarian. I am sorry for what brought you here and that you feel alone with your experience in real life. You will see, AS is a great place to share your experience (only if you want of course) and talk to people who can relate. Most of us were very nervous the first time we posted. The first few are the most difficult to do, but it gets much easier after a while. Hope you find the support you deserve here. :notalone:

14 hours ago, BeachyLibrarian said:

Hi Beachy, welcome to AS. As Mary said it is normal to feel nervous, we have all felt that way. I talk so my T so much about this site, she feels it very helpful for me. You are not alone here and this is a safe place.

Patricia

Welcome to AS! I can really relate to what you wrote. I never told my family what happened and my friends did not offer support. I would have been lost without this site. I hope that you find it helpful. It is filled with understanding and kind people. You are not alone. If you need an ear I am around. Take your time and the best part of this site is you are able to come and go as you need and as you feel comfortable. Welcome again!

Wishin

Thank you everyone for taking the time to welcome me to the AS community. I can already tell that this is going to be a safe, welcoming, and supportive place. I get emotional knowing that there are others who understand where I am coming from. So thank you for your support already. I know I just joined, but these beginning words of encouragement already mean a lot to me. 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

On July 6, 2016 at 5:57 PM, wishinuponastar said:

Welcome to AS! I can really relate to what you wrote. I never told my family what happened and my friends did not offer support. I would have been lost without this site. I hope that you find it helpful. It is filled with understanding and kind people. You are not alone. If you need an ear I am around. Take your time and the best part of this site is you are able to come and go as you need and as you feel comfortable. Welcome again!

Wishin

Thank you Wishin! I have reread your post several times and cried because for someone to say that they understand is helpful. I hate that we have both been so alone during this. I have felt so alone and lost because I didn't think that others would fully understand. I have kept it mostly to myself except for talking to my counselor. It has been hard.I am already seeing that AS is a supportive, safe place. Thank you for being welcoming! 

11 hours ago, BeachyLibrarian said:

Thank you Wishin! I have reread your post several times and cried because for someone to say that they understand is helpful. I hate that we have both been so alone during this. I have felt so alone and lost because I didn't think that others would fully understand. I have kept it mostly to myself except for talking to my counselor. It has been hard.I am already seeing that AS is a supportive, safe place. Thank you for being welcoming! 

Awww thank you for your words. I am truly touched and humbled. I completely understand what you mean about feeling alone, that is one of my biggest struggles. Most of the times that I think I found someone who understand and often it turns into another door slammed in my face or at least that is how it feels. I am glad that you are seeing AS is that kind of place and I hope that it is for you too! I am glad to welcome you and know that if need, I am around and my inbox is always open! :)

Wishin

Hi, welcome to After Silence,

I'm sorry for what happened to you to bring you here,. but i hope by being here you can start to heal and feel less alone.  I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, and please know that we are all here to help you

i wish you peace and healing on your journey

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu:

5 hours ago, angelic said:

Hi, welcome to After Silence,

I'm sorry for what happened to you to bring you here,. but i hope by being here you can start to heal and feel less alone.  I hope you are finding your way around the board okay, and please know that we are all here to help you

i wish you peace and healing on your journey

take care, Paula :aswelcomesu:

Thank you for welcoming me to AS Paula! It is overwhelming seeing all of the boards and posts. I'm not really sure where I should start, but I think that I am finding my way around ok. 

On 7/6/2016 at 0:43 AM, phoenixxx said:

Welcome BeachyLibrarian. I am sorry for what brought you here and that you feel alone with your experience in real life. You will see, AS is a great place to share your experience (only if you want of course) and talk to people who can relate. Most of us were very nervous the first time we posted. The first few are the most difficult to do, but it gets much easier after a while. Hope you find the support you deserve here. :notalone:

Thank you for welcoming me phoenixxx! I am sorry for what brought you here as well. It is helpful knowing that there are people that I can talk to who understand. I can already see that AS is a supportive place.