Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Beginnings

Hello everyone,

My name is Rebekah and I am new to after silence. It's been seven years and I am finally breaking my silence. It's unbelievably scary but I am hoping that this group can help me learn to heal and grow. I am somewhat confused on how to use some of the forums but hopefully will figure it out soon. It's so nice to have a safe place to talk to others. I haven't had this before and it's really comforting in a very intimidating place I am in right now. 

Hi Beck! Welcome :)

I have found so much support, wise advice, and even friendship here. I wish the same for you.

Amy

:youcanheal:     :aswelcomesu:     :supportu:

1 hour ago, beckwhatheheck said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Rebekah and I am new to after silence. It's been seven years and I am finally breaking my silence. It's unbelievably scary but I am hoping that this group can help me learn to heal and grow. I am somewhat confused on how to use some of the forums but hopefully will figure it out soon. It's so nice to have a safe place to talk to others. I haven't had this before and it's really comforting in a very intimidating place I am in right now. 

Welcome Rebekah. I just want to tell you how brave you are, The hardest thing is telling that  secret breaking the silence. It is a big step. This is a great site, we all know how you feel, and how  scary it can be but you are not alone here. Take your time going over the site, we are here for you.

Patricia

5 hours ago, beckwhatheheck said:

Hello everyone,

Hi Rebekah,

Welcome to AS. So very sorry about the trauma you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive and safe site. Members are truly understanding and kind. Do know that being nervous is very normal. We all have been new at one point, and know the feeling well. Just take your time and look around. Comfort with the site will come. I wish you well on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello & Welcome. I am also newer to this site. So far it has been really helpful to hear others stories and experiences. There is a comfort in knowing  what you are feeling is not common among others who have gone through similar if not worse. Please feel free to message me anytime. 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: