Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New member and feeling nervous

Hi! My name is Lauren and I am a college volleyball player. I was raped by a boyfriend figure on the baseball team this last semester and I am seeking help and my therapist really recommended this site. I am fairly nervous. It seems like I'm going through a roller coaster of emotions. One day I am happy and then the next second I find myself lashing out at my mom or friends for no reason. I just want to feel normal again. The flashbacks are horrible and no one understands what I'm going through :( I'm hoping I can find support from you guys!

Hello Lauren. Welcome to AS!

Sorry for what you´ve been through. Here you find people that understands you. Whenever you feel for it post and/or answer a post. Don´t thik anything isn´t importent. It is! Hugs :hug: (if wanted)!

Hi Lauren, welcome to AS.

I'm sorry for what you have been through. Our pasts can and do certainly haunt us and try to continue harming us, even if we don't want them to haunt us or hurt us. It is not your fault what you went through, and I hope everything goes better for you from hereon. Hugs if okay? :hug:

6 hours ago, laurenvolleyball said:

Hi! My name is Lauren and I am a college volleyball player. I was raped by a boyfriend figure on the baseball team this last semester and I am seeking help and my therapist really recommended this site. I am fairly nervous. It seems like I'm going through a roller coaster of emotions. One day I am happy and then the next second I find myself lashing out at my mom or friends for no reason. I just want to feel normal again. The flashbacks are horrible and no one understands what I'm going through :( I'm hoping I can find support from you guys!

Hi Lauren, welcome to AS. I am sorry you were raped. The feelings you are feeling normal. I am glad you came to this site, their are many who understand how you are feeling. It is sad that this site has to be here but it is nice to know you aren't alone. We are here for you, you are not alone.

Patricia

17 hours ago, laurenvolleyball said:

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced. Nobody has the right to hurt you in this way. You will find many understanding and supportive members here. I am very glad your therapist suggested it and that you took the step to reach out. The struggles and the aftermath are as you describe...a rollercoaster. I hope your rollercoaster stops soon and lets you off. I wish you many steps forward on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Your emotions are totally normal, I

And I'm happy she suggested Aftersilence, everyone here has helped me alot and I'm sure they will do the same for you, sorry for  what has led you here but I'm happy your getting help, talk with you later I'm sure 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: