Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi! I'm Daniel. I made this account a while back when I was still really in denial about what happened and was scared. Now I guess I'm hoping to talk to people about some stuff because things have been really awful and confusing lately. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half. And after a lot of looking stuff up, talking to a friend, and thinking about it, he um, well, you can probably assume what he did. It happened a good while ago and I'm just now coming to terms with it and it's been very hard trying to figure out what to do in my life beyond this. Logically, I know I should break it off. Emotionally, I have no idea. Anyways, I hope to meet some cool people here, you all seem nice.

Edited by dejaentended

Hi Daniel, welcome to AS. Im sorry for what happened to you. I hope that being here and talking to people will help you figure out how to move forward in your life in a safe way. I know how hard it is to break it off with an abusive partner. It is hard enough to understand that what happened was wrong, but to accept that full blame should be assigned to your partner and that he is not a good person and that you deserve better - those are really difficult things to come to terms with. I don't know what your exact situation is but I hope you are safe and that you find lots of support here. Feel free to pm me if you ever need. 

1 hour ago, dejaentended said:

Hi! I'm Daniel. I made this account a while back when I was still really in denial about what happened and was scared. Now I guess I'm hoping to talk to people about some stuff because things have been really awful and confusing lately. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half. And after a lot of looking stuff up, talking to a friend, and thinking about it, he um, well, you can probably assume what he did. It happened a good while ago and I'm just now coming to terms with it and it's been very hard trying to figure out what to do in my life beyond this. Logically, I know I should break it off. Emotionally, I have no idea. Anyways, I hope to meet some cool people here, you all seem nice.

Hi Daniel, welcome to AS. I am sorry about your boyfriend did to you. I know it is hard to look at the facts and to reach out. But I am glad you did. The first thing you need to figure out is are you safe, if you not safe what can you do to be safe. You are not alone here and we are here for you

Patricia

6 hours ago, dejaentended said:

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma by your boyfriend. He has no right to hurt you as he did. You will find support from kind and understanding members here. I do understand that it is difficult to separate yourself from an abusive partner, but you do deserve better. We are here for you. I wish you the best as you start your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: