Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello I'm a new member of the forum. Finally free after 50 years--because I can "talk". Looking forward to sharing. I'm 56 and from the UK. Was sexually abused by my adoptive father from about the age of 6 through to late teens

Welcome Serenabradshaw! I am sorry that you´ve been through that. Happy that you´ve been able to come further on your journey. I hope you find what you are searchig for. Here you do find support.

Hello serenabradshaw. Welcome to AS! It is my wish that you find this site as helpful and healing as I have in my healing journey. 

I am part of the NST (Newbie Support Team). What that means is that I (or any of the mods/admins/NST) can help/direct you as you learn how to use the forums. Should you have questions, feel free to send a PM to any one of the AS staff. 

You've taken a huge step in reaching out. This is a big step in healing from abuse of any kind. Take all the time you need in sharing. 

Know that you are not alone. Many of us were abused as children, even the ones who were not are kind and willing to listen as we're all survivors here! Whether it happened once or a thousand times, as an adult or as a child, we all deserve support and understanding. 

Am listening and validating you and your experiences. 

Here is a link to the board guidelines and rules: 
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=194#entry685

Here is a link regarding some privacy/safety issues that are helpful:
http://www.aftersilence.org/forum/index.php?s=5c8b6bf0f3f95bcc2f076d1d105a1719&showtopic=27269#entry218846

Sending healing energy your way. 

~Chantel~ :flowers:

Edited by chant2012
3 hours ago, Serenabradshaw said:

Hello I'm a new member of the forum. Finally free after 50 years--because I can "talk". Looking forward to sharing. I'm 56 and from the UK. Was sexually abused by my adoptive father from about the age of 6 through to late teens

Hi Serena,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced. I know how hard it is to speak after decades of silence, so that is a huge step you just took to reach out to others. It is a freedom to be able to speak out. I wish you well and hope that you will find ways to travel many more steps down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to After Silence Serena,

i am sorry for what you have been through, I hope being here will help you in your healing journey,

please contact any of the Newbie Support team if you need any assistanc with the site

take care

Paula  :aswelcomesu:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I hope that I'll be able to reach out for help and support when I need it xxx

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: