Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

All it took was a computer screeen

Hi everyone, of course, I am new to this site and new to all of this in general. 4 years ago I was sexually assaulted and of course the trauma that follows. for the first 2 years I told no one but my boyfriend and his sister. then my parents. then no one. I never got help, I never turned him in. I just hid from the problem while I let it eat me alive like some nasty fruit that fell behind the fridge. After Silence is the FIRST place im reaching out and ive already cried like 5 times because im so happy to have just found a place. basically scared half to death but Im so exited to finally have found a place to help me and I look forward to meeting others and learning how to fix myself.

and all it took was to find something on the other side of my computer screen :)

Hi! I am glad you found us, too. These people here have given me the unconditional support that I wish for you. 

:hi:

8 hours ago, NonaJones said:

Hi everyone, of course, I am new to this site and new to all of this in general. 4 years ago I was sexually assaulted and of course the trauma that follows. for the first 2 years I told no one but my boyfriend and his sister. then my parents. then no one. I never got help, I never turned him in. I just hid from the problem while I let it eat me alive like some nasty fruit that fell behind the fridge. After Silence is the FIRST place im reaching out and ive already cried like 5 times because im so happy to have just found a place. basically scared half to death but Im so exited to finally have found a place to help me and I look forward to meeting others and learning how to fix myself.

and all it took was to find something on the other side of my computer screen :)

Hi Nona, welcome to AS. I am sorry for sexually assaulted you went through. I am glad you found us and you are right all it took was a computer  screen.  The people on AS are like my family, they know things about me and what happened to me than any one else. We are here for you as you start your healing  journey.

Patricia

10 hours ago, NonaJones said:

Hi Nona,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered. It was not right and it was not fair. Nobody has the right to hurt you. I am glad you have some outside support, and now you will find even more support here. I found this place almost 18 months ago, and I felt the same as you. I think many of us have, so do know that we understand these mixed feeling you have, but I think you will find that it just takes a little time to become comfortable. You have taken a big step finding us here on the other side of the computer screen and another big step on reaching out thru it. I wish you well on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community supportive/informative. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Welcome, and please know that I was sobbing through my very first post here, both out of grief AND relief.  You have found a safe place and can start your journey to healing.