Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm hoping that sharing my story will help me find some peace.  I have a lot of different emotions going on, since 2010 when I was assaulted.  I would love to be able to talk to someone who is feeling the same or maybe had a similar situation.  

Hi Lisa t, 

i am also new to this forum although I am not certain I belong... I am in my 50's and  feel like I do not belong  . Athough I have a story that I think can change many lives.

hopeful

If you are here to help and/or share your story then I am sure that you belong.  I am looking forward to getting to know others who feel the same. 

1 hour ago, LisaT said:

I'm hoping that sharing my story will help me find some peace.  I have a lot of different emotions going on, since 2010 when I was assaulted.  I would love to be able to talk to someone who is feeling the same or maybe had a similar situation.  

Hi Lisa welcome to AS. I am sorry about the assault that happened to you in 2010. You will find this site to be a safe place and it is sad to say many who understand your feelings. It is a good to know we aren't alone. Take your time going over the site, we are here for you,  :notalone:

Patricia

1 hour ago, Unsettled said:

Hi Lisa t, 

i am also new to this forum although I am not certain I belong... I am in my 50's and  feel like I do not belong  . Athough I have a story that I think can change many lives.

hopeful

Hi Unsettled, welcome to AS. You most definitely belong here, I am 61 have dealt with some of my past but new things have come up. We are here to help each other and that is all that counts. I will look forward to seeing you on the board. :aswelcomesu:

Patricia

Thanks hidden heart and Lisa T. I felt so alone about my feelings until I found this site.  I have a great counselor and advocate but I am currently out of state working and have not seen them for over a month!!!

18 hours ago, LisaT said:

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered trauma and are struggling with the aftermath of the trauma. You have found a very supportive site, and I'm sure you will not have difficulty finding other members who can relate. It's a big step to reach out and I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. It takes tremendous courage to share your story. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: