Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

So I am new to this site as of this week and I have already seen how great this site can be.  So on those nights where I can't sleep its a comfort to know that there are others who may be awake at the same time, and I can just come here and vent, or write, or just read.  I am a very stubborn person and even though I know some type of therapy is probably a good thing, I just can't ever make myself go.  Its funny how typing things out can be so theraputic.  Also in a way the fact that I don't have to face any of you helps too.  I know we all are some way in the same boat, but the feeling of judgement is always there.  I would like to write down my story although I am not completely sure which forum is the appropriate one to do so.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger......right.

Msunicorn, 

I am also new to this cite. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. After reading this, the first thing that came to my mind was she sounds just like me. Before I started going to therapy, I was terrified of being judged and I couldn't imagine sharing my darkest secrets with a person whom I barely knew. I definitely would have never joined this cite before therapy, so I am so proud that you were brave enough to seek help here. You are one of the bravest people I've met for joining this cite on your own. I would like to share something that my therapist always tells me.. Being brave doesn't feel good. Courage feels like crap. But after that brave moment is over, you feel infinite. 

Hi MsUnicorn,

I am glad you are seeing what a supportive site this is. There is many different areas with different topic themes, it's hard to think we could be missing anything. Going to a therapist is a personal decision and only right if someone is ready to do so. I'm glad writing is therapeutic for you, I find it as well. We do have a a Share Your Story forum. Once you have 10 postings (original or replies), the forum will automatically open up for you. I wish you the best as you write your story. It is a brave thing to do.

Mary

6 hours ago, Msunicorn said:

So I am new to this site as of this week and I have already seen how great this site can be.  So on those nights where I can't sleep its a comfort to know that there are others who may be awake at the same time, and I can just come here and vent, or write, or just read.  I am a very stubborn person and even though I know some type of therapy is probably a good thing, I just can't ever make myself go.  Its funny how typing things out can be so theraputic.  Also in a way the fact that I don't have to face any of you helps too.  I know we all are some way in the same boat, but the feeling of judgement is always there.  I would like to write down my story although I am not completely sure which forum is the appropriate one to do so.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger......right.

I relate so much I feel like I wrote this myself. Glad to know we are not alone.

Ttrying, I think that's why this site is making one of the hardest things in my life, just a little easier. To speak. Everyone so far is unbelievable with their support, and to be able to write your emotions, be it anger, fear, happiness of disgust, and all the others tangled in a web, someone out there truly does understand and is willing to share.

7 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi MsUnicorn,

I am glad you are seeing what a supportive site this is. There is many different areas with different topic themes, it's hard to think we could be missing anything. Going to a therapist is a personal decision and only right if someone is ready to do so. I'm glad writing is therapeutic for you, I find it as well. We do have a a Share Your Story forum. Once you have 10 postings (original or replies), the forum will automatically open up for you. I wish you the best as you write your story. It is a brave thing to do.

Mary

Thank You Mary!  Its good to know its there when people are ready to share their story! I keep going back and forth, sometimes Im ready and then I change my mind.  But I know when I am ready to share, there will be lots of support!!

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. It takes tremendous courage to share your story. You can do so immediately or even never if that's what you choose. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: