Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

After 37 years, I'm ready to heal

Hi,

I'm so glad to finally begin this process after so many years of struggling to find peace. I have never been able to share my story (except with a few very close friends) until now. I have read several threads and look forward to connecting with many of you - to feel loved and validated and to lend support. I am here, finally.

With tears, love and gratitude,

Bambi

Hi Bambi

Welcome to this site. I read your story, and I want to say well done! It's so difficult finally speaking out! I was abused by my stepdad from age 11-16 and I kept quiet for 12 years.

This site us a good place to start because we all know how you are feeling and are really supportive especially if you are having a bad day/week. I hope you find what you came to this site for. I wish I had found it sooner, like a couple of years ago when I was really struggling with my feelings and emotions and didn't know where to turn to and I thought I was the only person that had gone through abuse. 

I'm glad you have found this site and you are on your way to recovery.

Message me if you want a chat or you want to ask anything.

Xx

Edited by Sparkling

Hi Sparkling,

Thank you so much! My heart breaks for the trauma you suffered at the hands of your stepdad. I am so sorry.

Thank you also for reading my story. I know this is where I need to be and I appreciate your warm welcome. It has taken me most of my life to get here but I have finally arrived at a place where I feel safe to share. 

With much love,

Bambi

Hi HiddenHeart,

Thank you for the welcome! I'm so glad to finally be here!

Much much love,

Bambi

Welcome to AS Bambi!   :aswelcomesu:

I have been to Boulder...what a beautiful city you live in! :)  I'm a Canadian currently living in the Western part of Canada.

All the best on your healing journey...AS is a good place.  Glad you found us! 

Josie

7 hours ago, BambiLynn said:

Hi,

I'm so glad to finally begin this process after so many years of struggling to find peace. I have never been able to share my story (except with a few very close friends) until now. I have read several threads and look forward to connecting with many of you - to feel loved and validated and to lend support. I am here, finally.

With tears, love and gratitude,

Bambi

Hi Bambi,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma you have suffered and the struggling that you are going thru. I am happy that you have support in your life from close friends, and now you will have even more support, as the members here are very understanding. You are validated here. What you experienced was wrong and nobody ever has the right to hurt someone like this. I am glad you have found us, and I wish you well as you journey this healing path.

Mary

:supportu:

Bambi, Welcome! I support your healing 100% and thought these articles might assist you in finding comfort and bring peace to your heart! Sitting beside you in support  And here are some gentle safe hugs, if you want them :hug:

Thank you all so much for your kind and welcoming words! My heart is full. I apprecaite the love, hugs, support, kindness and validation from each of you. I am so happy to be here and I look forward to reading the articles you sent Unloveable. Thank you!

With much love,

Bambi