Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I am only just accepting what happened.

Hi everyone,

I am new here and very grateful to have found this site.

I was raped in 2009 and blamed myself for everything. I never told anyone at the time, and have only just told my current (and wonderful) boyfriend.

I blanked everything out, and have been dealing fine with it, until recently.

I run a lingerie blog and have, in the last year or so, received rape and death threats from a**hole men on social media and email. It has made a lot angrier than I expected, and after writing some articles about it, and attending a few events where facts and figures about rape and other forms of sexual assault were discussed, everything has come flowing out.

Even writing "I was raped" is a massive step for me. 

It's been seven years but it's now time for me to deal with everything.

So anyway, hi, it's very comforting being here.

Elinor 

Hi Elinor,

So sorry to hear about what has triggered you. The ignorance of some people is unbelievable!

I've only been on here a few days, but so glad that I have found a place where I can talk to people who can understand.

Hope that you find all of the help and support that you are looking for here and that you are able to positively move on and get all of the help and advice that you and your boyfriend may need and deserve.

Welcome to AS Elinor,

Your anger and outrage are justified. I have a cousin with a strong Internet presence. Some of the things that have been written to her and about her online are horrific.  It's appalling that speaking that way to anyone occurs to someone in the first place. I think the offenders feel "safe" to do it because they are anonymous.  But it's never an excuse.  I am very sorry you are dealing with this.

Edited by blondi

Hello, You are not alone! I too am beginning to sort through a years-old incident. (The word R* is hard for me to type too.)
Welcome. I hope you find support and healing here.

19 hours ago, TheNylonSwish said:

Hi everyone,

I am new here and very grateful to have found this site.

I was raped in 2009 and blamed myself for everything. I never told anyone at the time, and have only just told my current (and wonderful) boyfriend.

I blanked everything out, and have been dealing fine with it, until recently.

I run a lingerie blog and have, in the last year or so, received rape and death threats from a**hole men on social media and email. It has made a lot angrier than I expected, and after writing some articles about it, and attending a few events where facts and figures about rape and other forms of sexual assault were discussed, everything has come flowing out.

Even writing "I was raped" is a massive step for me. 

It's been seven years but it's now time for me to deal with everything.

So anyway, hi, it's very comforting being here.

Elinor 

Hi Elinor,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. You will find the members here are kind and understanding. I am sorry that you that you have received threats over social media and email. There are enough jerks that we meet face to face, it has to be difficult dealing with them when they hide behind a computer screen. Saying those 3 words was very big step for me, as well. I do wish you well on your journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: