Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hello. new and scared

Hi everyone,

What happened to me happened only a few weeks ago. I am feeling lost and confused. I am worried that I don't belong here, that my experience doesn't compare, but I don't know where to go, or who to talk to. I'm hoping I am wrong and that there is a safe space somewhere here for me too. I'm really shy and nervous to even post this, but everyone seems super welcoming and kind.

Hi Purl. So sorry you have to come here, but there is a whole community of support here. Just because your trauma does not look the same, or seem "as bad", does not mean your experience and grief is any less significant. I'm here if you want to talk. I have felt similarly to you. I hope you find safety and friends here.

2 hours ago, purl said:

Hi everyone,

What happened to me happened only a few weeks ago. I am feeling lost and confused. I am worried that I don't belong here, that my experience doesn't compare, but I don't know where to go, or who to talk to. I'm hoping I am wrong and that there is a safe space somewhere here for me too. I'm really shy and nervous to even post this, but everyone seems super welcoming and kind.

Hi purl,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you experienced trauma, but you have found a safe and supportive site. I felt the same way when I first came, but I found out rather quickly that we don't compare here. All that matters is you feel as if you've been hurt and you are trying heal from being hurt. You are here, so I am thinking that those are two things you can relate to. Look around and you will become more comfortable. I wish you well as you begin on your healing journey. You are not alone.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi, Purl.  Thank you so much for sharing with us. I'm sorry you have to be here, but I'm glad you are speaking out. We're always here to listen.  :aswelcomesu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced, but I'm glad you found this site. I hope you find it supportive/informative. Feel free to share your story on your own terms and at your own pace. It takes tremendous courage to tell your story. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Welcome Purl, sorry you have to be here but know that everyone's experience is valid and nobody is left out. Hope you find support here. :notalone: :youcanheal: