Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Just Starting Out

Hi everybody. 28 year old male here, finally just beginning the healing process from a tumultuous childhood (to say the least). I'm new on the site, but it seems to be a good way to connect and give/get support from others that may understand what I'm going through. I haven't noticed to many men on this site, so I'm really hoping that I'll be able to find some people that can relate. Regardless of gender, we're all here because of similar things right? I'm not the best at opening up about the things that have happened to me in the past, so here goes nothing. Feel free to contact me, that goes for anyone, I'm just learning how to share but I'm a pretty good listener. Thanks, wishing everybody a safe and pleasant evening.

Hi thefighter,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered as a child, but you have found a very supportive site. It is true that women outnumber men here, which is unfortunate. All victims, male and female, deserve support and healing. You will find support here and you are accepted here. I do wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome! You belong here, and we are glad that you found us. We support your journey for healing. You are free to share as much or as little as you feel comfortable. As Mary said, there are male members here, and we treasure their presence as we do that of all AS members. 

Hello thefighter, 

I am sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. We have male members. There is also a password protected male survivors forum. I am sure one of the administrators would be happy to help you gain access to that. AS is a very supportive community.  I am glad that you found us, and that you are working on your recovery.

Welcome Fighter,

I understand that it is hard to open up at the beginning. It gets easier over time. Glad you found this place and hope you will find it supportive. It is sad that anyone has experienced something to bring them here, male or female, but I am glad that both men and women are finding a place to heal in AS. 

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced, but I'm glad you found this site. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: