Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

Hi, 

My therapist suggested I join this cite so I can read other peoples' stories and maybe share mine. I'm kind of scared because my therapist is the only person who knows right now, but I think expressing myself will help me recover. In a nutshell, my ex was abusive-emotionally, verbally, and, finally, sexually. I'm hoping to learn how to connect to people again. It's nice to meet all of you, even though I wish it were under way better circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Hayls said:

Hi, 

My therapist suggested I join this cite so I can read other peoples' stories and maybe share mine. I'm kind of scared because my therapist is the only person who knows right now, but I think expressing myself will help me recover. In a nutshell, my ex was abusive-emotionally, verbally, and, finally, sexually. I'm hoping to learn how to connect to people again. It's nice to meet all of you, even though I wish it were under way better circumstances. 

Hi Hayls, welcome to AS. It is sad that we need to meet here, but thankfully we have a place. Where we are alone and others understand how we feel. I am sorry for what you have gone through with your ex. Take your time to look over the site. We are here for you.

Patricia

Welcome Halys. I wish we would meet under nicer circumstances too. I am sorry you went through an abusive relationship. Hope sharing your experience here and talking to others who have experienced similar things will be helpful for you. :notalone: :youcanheal:

18 hours ago, Hayls said:

Hi, 

Hi Hayls,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the abuse you have suffered at the hands of your ex. He had no right to hurt you in any of these ways. You have found a very supportive site. Take your time and look around. Find a pace that is right for you. It is a big step to reach out here, and I am glad that your T suggested it to you. I wish you well as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

You will meet alot of great people here and alot of hard but probably simaler stories, were happy to have you here, welcome. :-) im sorry to hear what you have gone through, you will heal, and i have found being here helps alot. Feel free to pm me.

And if your wondering why you cant get in chat, you have to submit or answer a total of 10 posts first, alot of people have questions about that, take care