Hi there,

I'm new. I'm hoping to find people to connect with and share with. I'd love to be able to get advice on stuff without having to censor myself (most of the people in real life dont know or even if they do, dont want to talk about it all the time).

I'm 28, f, and live in the UK.

I browsed around a bit while I was waiting for my account to activate and everyone seems really supportive and nice. I hope you can find time for me too. I would really love to make some friends :)

Hi LookForRainbows. Welcome to the site. 

Your absolutely right, everyone is really helpful and supportive. You know there us someone there when you are having a bad day. 

I'm sorry for what brings you to the site, and u hope you find what you came here for.

I am also female and I am 29 (very nearly 30 eeeeek!)

Feel free to message me anytime you want a wee chat.

Xx

:aswelcomesu:  :youcanheal:  :notalone:  :bighug:  if ok

7 hours ago, LookForRainbows said:

Hi there,

I'm new. I'm hoping to find people to connect with and share with. I'd love to be able to get advice on stuff without having to censor myself (most of the people in real life dont know or even if they do, dont want to talk about it all the time).

I browsed around a bit while I was waiting for my account to activate and everyone seems really supportive and nice. I hope you can find time for me too. I would really love to make some friends :)

Hi LookForRainbows,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. You never deserved to be hurt like you were. I understand what you mean, because even if you have sympathetic and supportive people in your life, it is very difficult for them to understand unless they have gone thru it themselves. You will find that you are accepted here, with no judgment or pressure. I wish you well as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:youcanheal:

2 hours ago, LookForRainbows said:

Thank you :)

I so awkward on things like this - I have no idea what I'm doing. Hopefully I will work it out soon

Welcome to AS, none of us knew what we were doing when we first came here. The one good thing about this site is you are not alone. :notalone:

9 hours ago, LookForRainbows said:

Hi there,

Welcome LookForRainbows! We are a similar age and I am also from the UK (although living abroad at the moment). W/hat you said rings a bell with me - the few people in my RL whom I've told don't want to discuss things with me all the time, and I understand that, but sometimes I really need to talk. And censoring is exhausting. Hope you find support and friendship here, and to see you around :) :wave:

Thank you so much. Having people reassure me certainly is helping. I have so many questions and stuff wanting to get out but I want to feel more settled first.

I'm sure everyone will join me is saying that if you have any questions, ask away. That's why we are all here 

Xx

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community supportive/informative. I wish you well on your path to healing.

:youcanheal::aswelcomesu::notalone: