Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I am new and a little afraid.

Hi there. I joined this site because I recently realized that I have never really talked about my rapes and that I have a lot of bottled up fear, rage, sad, lost, empty feelings that I've bottled up for a very long time. So here I am. I know that I am not broken, but I still feel like I am. Thanks for letting me introduce myself.

Welcome to AS. A lot of us have realized that we have unresolved feelings from past abuse/assault. It can be overwhelming when you first become aware of the impact the past is having on you. But, there is hope and healing. You've come to the right place.

6 hours ago, impk said:

Hi there. I joined this site because I recently realized that I have never really talked about my rapes and that I have a lot of bottled up fear, rage, sad, lost, empty feelings that I've bottled up for a very long time. So here I am. I know that I am not broken, but I still feel like I am. Thanks for letting me introduce myself.

Hi impk, Welcome to AS. It is normal to feel a little afraid. I am sorry for what you went through. We all know that feeling of feeling broken. This is a safe place and you aren't alone. Take your time going over the site and we are here for you.

9 hours ago, impk said:

Hi impk,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas that you went thru and the struggles you still face. You have found a very supportive site with understanding and kind members. Before coming here, I too bottled up all my emotions that I had carried for 30+ years. It's not easy, I know. You have taken a big step reaching out, one of many steps I hope you will take on this healing journey. I wish you well.

Mary

:notalone:

you came to the right place impk, everyone here is really supportive, wishing you the best, talk to you soon im sure

Welcome impk. Don't be afraid, everyone here is very supportive and lovely. Sorry for what you went through. Hope this place helps you heal. :notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community supportive/informative. It takes tremendous courage to share your story. Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable. Nobody is here to pressure you into sharing. I wish you well on your path to healing.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

I feel the same way! I also just joined and am afraid. I have never spoken to anyone about my experience until recently. I to have kept everything bottled up for several years and completely understand feeling broken.

It helps to know I am not alone. Hope it helps you as well.