Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I just wanted to introduce myself. As the name princess was already taken, I guess there are some others on here going by that name and similar!

im 36, f and from the UK. Looking to meet others in a similar situation or past for further healing. I am here to deal with my demons and yet at the same time help others as I realise I am maybe further on my journey than I thought and at this moment in time, I would say to anyone reading this that it does get better. This may change tomorrow but today is a good day.

i think I have always been ashamed of my past and still am and blamed myself but I am beginning to think this may change. I have told a few friends of my past but I just view it so badly that I think that's all they would see about me and there is so much more to me!

dealing with stuff on your own is hard and I hope this site will bring me hope, friendship, inspiration, connections, healing and true freedom. Let's see.....

Welcome :)

I am also new to this site, although I am a long time survivor (been free from my abuser for nearly 14 years)

I am also from the UK and female.

I have spent a very long time being very ashamed about what happened to me, but with help from a very understanding, supportive therapist I'm starting to see it wasn't my fault.

I'm the same as you, I've not told very many friends of mine because I'm scared that's all they will see of me. I don't want people to look at me and they only see abuse.

Feel free to message me if you want a chat 

Xx

Hey I'm also new to this. I am also f 27 from the UK. I'm just really needing support but don't know how to get it or what I really need. Just feeling quite confused at the moment after being told after 8 months of waiting there isn't enough evidence to prosecute so both men are free to do as they please which terrifies me. I'm finding it comforting as well as horrifying that so many people are on here and are saying things i also feel and think. 

I'm just getting used to this website but if anyone would like to message and chat that would also be great. 

Xx

Hello, Princess. Nice to meet you. I hope you gain as much from this forum as I have. 

5 hours ago, Princess45 said:

I just wanted to introduce myself. As the name princess was already taken, I guess there are some others on here going by that name and similar!

im 36, f and from the UK. Looking to meet others in a similar situation or past for further healing. I am here to deal with my demons and yet at the same time help others as I realise I am maybe further on my journey than I thought and at this moment in time, I would say to anyone reading this that it does get better. This may change tomorrow but today is a good day.

i think I have always been ashamed of my past and still am and blamed myself but I am beginning to think this may change. I have told a few friends of my past but I just view it so badly that I think that's all they would see about me and there is so much more to me!

dealing with stuff on your own is hard and I hope this site will bring me hope, friendship, inspiration, connections, healing and true freedom. Let's see.....

Hi princess, Welcome to AS. I know what it feels like to blame myself, It took me along time to know that I did nothing wrong, that it wasn't my fault and I have nothing to be a shame of. This is a good site and I have learned that the people here are there for me as I know they will be there for you.  We are here for you as you step into this new journey .

Patricia

7 hours ago, Princess45 said:

Hi Princess,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but you have found a very supportive site. It appears you have some good insights, as well, and this site has members at so many different levels of healing, that I am sure that you will be as supportive, as supported. I am glad that you have joined us here and hope that you take many more steps in your healing with us.

:supportu:

Mary

6 hours ago, Needingtoheal1927 said:

Hey I'm also new to this. I am also f 27 from the UK. I'm just really needing support but don't know how to get it or what I really need. Just feeling quite confused at the moment after being told after 8 months of waiting there isn't enough evidence to prosecute so both men are free to do as they please which terrifies me. I'm finding it comforting as well as horrifying that so many people are on here and are saying things i also feel and think. 

I'm just getting used to this website but if anyone would like to message and chat that would also be great. 

Xx

Hi Needingtoheal,

I wanted to extend a welcome to you, as well. I am sorry that you find yourself here, that you are struggling, and that your abusers are free. It can be overwhelming that there are so many of us, I agree. It's sad that we all have our traumas to go thru, but in saying that, it is good to know that none of us are alone. We support and understand each other and help each other get thru. We are here for you. I do wish you well as you go thru this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcomes! I read them and it made me smile. It has shocked me and saddened me of how many people are on this site but I joined to find others like me and I think I am doing just that.

i am also encouraged by messages saying I hope you gain from the forum like I have. I'll let you know :)

52 minutes ago, Princess45 said:

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcomes! I read them and it made me smile. It has shocked me and saddened me of how many people are on this site but I joined to find others like me and I think I am doing just that.

i am also encouraged by messages saying I hope you gain from the forum like I have. I'll let you know :)

It is sad that is so many of us but good that we can be there for each other

5 minutes ago, patriciag said:

It is sad that is so many of us but good that we can be there for each other

I agree! I suddenly feel less alone 

7 hours ago, Vivkitten said:

happy to have you here :)

Thanks vivkitten! Hehe I'm just working out whether I have the guts to access this site whilst on a packed train so I'll let you all know. step by step as they say - it's all a process they all say!

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community supportive/informative. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Hi, Princess! Welcome! 

I think the biggest thing I have realized since joining here earlier this year is that I am not as alone as I thought I was ... it makes me sad, but at the same time, it is a comfort knowing someone knows what I mean even when the words aren't coming out right ...