Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello...Hi...I'm new

Hi

I'm SJD but you can call me SJ

I'm a survivor like most of you. I am here to connect with other female survivors and get some advice/validation about certain things.

I had done a sight similar to this in the past but had a really bad experience with it. Hoping this is better. 

I would like to have access to the chat rooms and to the female only forums and probably some others as my time goes on.

A bit about me: I am a 21 year old College student and I am studying psychology. I want to get my masters in counseling and have a private practice that will focus mainly on females from early adolescents on who have a background in abuse, trauma, depression, anxiety, and self harm. I want to help in the healing process and let them know they aren't alone. I have learned through various mentoring programs and my own life that survivors respond better when people who are helping them heal have been put through the process themselves and understand shat they are feeling completely. I feel like my own experiences will allow me to connect with my future clients more and help them heal knowing I have been there too. 

I am also an actress when not in school. I love musicals. I sing all the time and know a lot of people on broadway and other places so it's nice to be able to connect with others in the community as well. I audition for things all the time and love every second of it. I have also played soccer and did competitive ice skating (for 8 years). 

I can't wait to connect with others and get some answers and opinions as well as help others!

1 hour ago, SJD said:

Hi

I'm SJD but you can call me SJ

I'm a survivor like most of you. I am here to connect with other female survivors and get some advice/validation about certain things.

I had done a sight similar to this in the past but had a really bad experience with it. Hoping this is better. 

I would like to have access to the chat rooms and to the female only forums and probably some others as my time goes on.

A bit about me: I am a 21 year old College student and I am studying psychology. I want to get my masters in counseling and have a private practice that will focus mainly on females from early adolescents on who have a background in abuse, trauma, depression, anxiety, and self harm. I want to help in the healing process and let them know they aren't alone. I have learned through various mentoring programs and my own life that survivors respond better when people who are helping them heal have been put through the process themselves and understand shat they are feeling completely. I feel like my own experiences will allow me to connect with my future clients more and help them heal knowing I have been there too. 

I am also an actress when not in school. I love musicals. I sing all the time and know a lot of people on broadway and other places so it's nice to be able to connect with others in the community as well. I audition for things all the time and love every second of it. I have also played soccer and did competitive ice skating (for 8 years). 

I can't wait to connect with others and get some answers and opinions as well as help others!

Hi SJ and welcome to AS. I am sorry you had a bad  experience at another site. This is a good site, with people people who understand what you have been through.

I am always  jealous of people who can sing, I can't sing at all but I do find music helps to heal.

Looking forward to seeing you on the board

Patricia

Hi SJ,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you suffered. Nobody has the right to hurt another like this. The members here are kind and understanding and don't believe you will have any issues be here. We all walk with a common goal, to heal from the pain that was caused by another. It's ok to take it slowly, comfort comes in time. I wish you well as you continue your journey down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome, SJ.  I am sorry for what brings you here, but hope that you find the support you need!

Welcome, SJ. I think that it's great that you want to help other survivors in their healing through your counseling practice. I hope that you find AS to be a safe and healing community for you. 

Hi and welcome to AS! I understand the "only female" part of your post. It takes tremendous courage to share your story. I hope you find our community to be informative/supportive. I wish you well on your road to recovery.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: