Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Brand New

Hi,  my name is Kayleigh and I'm 17. I was Sexually assaulted 2 weeks ago and having problems with flashbacks and nightmares. Hoping this site helps and hoping to meet new people who can understand the pain with out having to explain it over and over.

3 minutes ago, MidnightRain said:

Hi,  my name is Kayleigh and I'm 17. I was Sexually assaulted 2 weeks ago and having problems with flashbacks and nightmares. Hoping this site helps and hoping to meet new people who can understand the pain with out having to explain it over and over.

Hi Kayleigh, I'm sorry that you were  sexually assaulted 2 weeks ago. Flashbacks and nightmares are  normal ( sad to say). You will find many people here to help you, we understand the pain and how out of control it can be to have the flashbacks and nightmares. You are not alone here and this is a safe place.

Patricia

I joined about a week ago and I have to say it's definitely nice to have some place to vent without being judged. Everyone here has welcomed me with open arms and understands the pain I go through. I suffer from PTSD so I understand the flashbacks and nightmares, I think this site will help you!

43 minutes ago, patriciag said:

Hi Kayleigh, I'm sorry that you were  sexually assaulted 2 weeks ago. Flashbacks and nightmares are  normal ( sad to say). You will find many people here to help you, we understand the pain and how out of control it can be to have the flashbacks and nightmares. You are not alone here and this is a safe place.

Patricia

Thank you so much for the help and guidance 

9 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Hi Kayleigh,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry that you have experienced trauma like this, but you have found a very supportive site. It is not easy to understand, but please know that none of this was your fault. There is no reason in this world that gives another person to hurt you like this. They were selfish and cruel. It is a big step to reach out. I wish you well as more steps come and you continue down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome Kayleigh. How are you? Firstly welcome to this site and I'm also sorry about the trauma that has brought you here.

You are not alone. I understand the nightmares and flashbacks. I still get them. But learning to manage them better. My recent assault was nearly 3 months ago now, and find I'm still fighting a battle. But I know I'll win.

Thinking of you and sending you safe hugs and thoughts :notalone:

4 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Kayleigh,

Welcome to AS. I am so sorry that you have experienced trauma like this, but you have found a very supportive site. It is not easy to understand, but please know that none of this was your fault. There is no reason in this world that gives another person to hurt you like this. They were selfish and cruel. It is a big step to reach out. I wish you well as more steps come and you continue down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you so much 

14 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

Hey Kayleigh

I am so sorry dear for the reason that have brought you to this site - I think your so brave to reach out, if you need to talk any time you are more than welcome to pm me! please take good care of yourself right now!

Lexi

14 hours ago, reglois said:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok

Thank

10 hours ago, lexip said:

Hey Kayleigh

I am so sorry dear for the reason that have brought you to this site - I think your so brave to reach out, if you need to talk any time you are more than welcome to pm me! please take good care of yourself right now!

Lexi

Thank you so much 

Hi and welcome to AS! I understand completely about not wanting to explain it all on repeat. I feel that way sometimes, but I've also found that when I'm ready to talk that helps as well. I wish you luck on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal:

Hi Kayleigh, I'm new too. I'm sorry to hear of your assault and I hope this site helps. For me, therapy has really helped me with dealing with my abuse and I wish I had done it years ago and thought I would mention that it Amy be helpful to you. Hugs.