Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi All

Hello everyone,

My name is Darren, I am 42 from Australia and I have a history of sexual abuse from when I was 8 and 9 years old. An excellent therapist has put me in a good place generally but I feel the need to talk to others who have experienced similar to what I have experienced, as there are no real-life groups in my city. I hope to get to know more of you in here soon. Thankyou for your time,

Darren

Welcome Darren. I am sorry for the abuse you suffered as a child but glad that you have a great therapist and that you found your way here. People are very supportive and kind here. I hope you find what you are looking for and look forward to getting to know you. 

4 hours ago, Darren said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Darren, I am 42 from Australia and I have a history of sexual abuse from when I was 8 and 9 years old. An excellent therapist has put me in a good place generally but I feel the need to talk to others who have experienced similar to what I have experienced, as there are no real-life groups in my city. I hope to get to know more of you in here soon. Thankyou for your time,

Darren

Hi Darren, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the abuse suffered from years ago. This is a good site, and good to know you aren't alone.Take your time going over the site. I am glad you had a good T.

Patricia

Hi, Darren. You are welcome here. I too was sexually abused at age 9. So, I know what a vulnerable time that is and how being abused at that age can leave a lasting mark. I'm glad that you found us and have a supportive therapist. 

:youcanheal:

8 hours ago, Darren said:

Hello everyone,

Darren

Hi Darren,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered abuse, but you have found a very supportive site. I'm sorry that there aren't any groups that you can attend in real life, but you will find understanding members here. I wish you well as you journey on your healing path.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome to AS. You are not alone in your struggles and you can heal. We will all be here to help you along your healing journey. :) 

I am a male survivor. I'm guessing from your name and your pick you are too? I was only 5 and my abuser was 15. He didn't hurt me when it happened and for a decade while I kept it a secret I questioned my sexuality. It was a confusing time for me mixed with other family issues and problems at school.

Hi and welcome to AS! I've also found that talking about it helps. I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your path to healing.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: