Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Healing Deeper

Hello all,

I thought I had moved past 3 incidents of rape and sexual assault that happened some years ago, but recently had something come up that proved me wrong. Apparently I did not process things in the healthiest way so I was told, and realized I had just suppressed some of it as well. Now old stuff is bubbling up to the surface, and last night even had a full on nightmare beyond description. I am determined to get through it again and feel much more courageous than before. I think I'm ready to talk more now than ever before, and so far it has actually helped so much. I am hopeful and encouraged by a few conversations I have had so far, and have learned so much and understand myself, who I am and how I am much more than ever before. I have started seeing pieces of myself that I thought had died long ago so I am looking forward to seeing more of that. I am glad to have found this place and all of you. Thanks for being here. x

1 hour ago, butterflyflyforever said:

Hello all,

I thought I had moved past 3 incidents of rape and sexual assault that happened some years ago, but recently had something come up that proved me wrong. Apparently I did not process things in the healthiest way so I was told, and realized I had just suppressed some of it as well. Now old stuff is bubbling up to the surface, and last night even had a full on nightmare beyond description. I am determined to get through it again and feel much more courageous than before. I think I'm ready to talk more now than ever before, and so far it has actually helped so much. I am hopeful and encouraged by a few conversations I have had so far, and have learned so much and understand myself, who I am and how I am much more than ever before. I have started seeing pieces of myself that I thought had died long ago so I am looking forward to seeing more of that. I am glad to have found this place and all of you. Thanks for being here. x

Hi butterfly,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you've been hurt, but you have found a very supportive site. The members here are kind and understanding. I am sorry that old wound have opened up, but am happy they you are showing optimism and courage in fighting for yourself and your future. You are worthy of a happier future. I wish you well as you journey on your healing path.

Mary

:supportu:

Welcome to AS. Sounds like you are ready to do another piece of healing work, and that's awesome. Our minds only allow us to handle what we can when we can. Sometimes we can't deal with everything at once or at the time it happens. I know that I didn't. When we are ready to process a piece of trauma we do. We do what we can when we can. Hope that this is a turning point for you in your deeper healing.