Jule

Hi, this is my first post to the site and I'm hoping to find someone I can relate to about some of my experiences. I began an emotionally and sexually abusive relationship when I was 17 and even though I'm now 31 and have had several serious relationships since, I'm no more past my experience now than I was when it all happened. Hoping to find some help and understanding to gain some healing. 

4 hours ago, Jule said:

Hi, this is my first post to the site and I'm hoping to find someone I can relate to about some of my experiences. I began an emotionally and sexually abusive relationship when I was 17 and even though I'm now 31 and have had several serious relationships since, I'm no more past my experience now than I was when it all happened. Hoping to find some help and understanding to gain some healing. 

Hi Jule, welcome to AS. I am sorry about the abuse that you went through many years ago. I understand when you say " I'm no more past my experience now than I was when it all happened ". I am 61 and still dealing with things but have come along way. You are not alone here and this is a safe place. Take your time going over the site. We are here to help you in your healing journey .

Patricia

Hi Jule,

Welcome to AS. I'm so sorry that all of these things have happened to you, but I hope that you can find the support you need on this site. I'm here if you need to talk. Sitting with you.

- K

Hi Jule, 

Welcome to AS. I also had some sexually abusive relationships when I was relatively young. I am in my late twenties so it has been a while for me too, but am just starting to work through everything that happened to me with my T and joined this site to get some of those 'Am I crazy'/'Is this normal?' questions off my chest and generally relate with people in a similar situation. I have been here for nearly 8 weeks now and it has been incredibly helpful. Not only do I feel less alone, but I have also found that sometimes talking about really difficult stuff here first gave me the courage to talk to my T about it.

Hope you do find healing here. :notalone: :supportu:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok

You don't have to be "over it." It takes as long as it takes, and everyone is different. I'm sorry for what you've been through. But, I hope that you find what you need here at AS.

:aswelcomesu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced. I hope you find our site supportive and informative. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

21 hours ago, Jule said:

Hi Jule,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered. Nobody has the right to hurt you this way. You have found a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. It will not be difficult to find others who can relate to your circumstances. I do wish you well as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone: