Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, this is my first post to the site and I'm hoping to find someone I can relate to about some of my experiences. I began an emotionally and sexually abusive relationship when I was 17 and even though I'm now 31 and have had several serious relationships since, I'm no more past my experience now than I was when it all happened. Hoping to find some help and understanding to gain some healing. 

4 hours ago, Jule said:

Hi, this is my first post to the site and I'm hoping to find someone I can relate to about some of my experiences. I began an emotionally and sexually abusive relationship when I was 17 and even though I'm now 31 and have had several serious relationships since, I'm no more past my experience now than I was when it all happened. Hoping to find some help and understanding to gain some healing. 

Hi Jule, welcome to AS. I am sorry about the abuse that you went through many years ago. I understand when you say " I'm no more past my experience now than I was when it all happened ". I am 61 and still dealing with things but have come along way. You are not alone here and this is a safe place. Take your time going over the site. We are here to help you in your healing journey .

Patricia

Hi Jule, 

Welcome to AS. I also had some sexually abusive relationships when I was relatively young. I am in my late twenties so it has been a while for me too, but am just starting to work through everything that happened to me with my T and joined this site to get some of those 'Am I crazy'/'Is this normal?' questions off my chest and generally relate with people in a similar situation. I have been here for nearly 8 weeks now and it has been incredibly helpful. Not only do I feel less alone, but I have also found that sometimes talking about really difficult stuff here first gave me the courage to talk to my T about it.

Hope you do find healing here. :notalone: :supportu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced. I hope you find our site supportive and informative. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

21 hours ago, Jule said:

Hi Jule,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered. Nobody has the right to hurt you this way. You have found a very supportive site with many kind and understanding members. It will not be difficult to find others who can relate to your circumstances. I do wish you well as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone: