Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Looking to relate

I have been a long time victim of violence. Since I was little it took me a lot of hard work to separate myself from all the abuse I went through. It seems when I got it right people got upset and judgmental. Things haven't really changed and a lot has gotten worse. Looking for people who can relate to me. I'm almost 30 . I've been through a lot of domestic violence and sexual assault. I've also been a big victim of a system that is supposed to support mothers... 

4 hours ago, GreyRainbow said:

I have been a long time victim of violence. Since I was little it took me a lot of hard work to separate myself from all the abuse I went through. It seems when I got it right people got upset and judgmental. Things haven't really changed and a lot has gotten worse. Looking for people who can relate to me. I'm almost 30 . I've been through a lot of domestic violence and sexual assault. I've also been a big victim of a system that is supposed to support mothers... 

Hello GreyRainbow,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the traumas that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. I am sorry that the system has not been a help to you. It can't be easy fighting for both you and little ones. I am glad that you reached out to us hear at the site. I also wish you well as you journey down your healing path. You are not alone.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello GreyRainbow,

I am sorry for what brought you here. It sounds like you have had a tough journey, but I hope that this site will give you some support and make you feel less alone. :notalone: :youcanheal:

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced. I hope you find our community informative/supportive. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone: