Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New to this forum

Hi, my name is Jessica and I'm a survivor of multiple rapes. It's been hard for me to feel validated in calling my experiences what they are, and I have felt a real lack of support among my friends after the assaults. It's been very hard for me to trust people. It would be nice to be part of a community that was supportive and understanding. I've been really depressed lately and I'm also hoping this will help give me more coping resources. Thanks for listening.

Hi, Jessica. I'm glad that you found this community. I'm so sorry that you have suffered so much. Your experiences are valid. You were r*ped, and you didn't deserve it. It wasn't your fault.

A lot of survivors, including me, struggle with trust. It can be hard to open up, and when you do sometimes people don't understand. Depression is also common. I hope that you find support here. If you are looking for counseling resources, the Rape and Incest National Network (https://rainn.org/) has a list of r*pe crisis centers across the U.S. If you're not in the U.S., RAINN should be able to provide you with some information about international r*pe crisis resources. 

:notalone:

Welcome to AS. I support your healing 100% Jessica. People who haven't dealt with this sort of thing tend to avoid it since it is not a very friendly subject, but I would be glad to listen and you can vent and look for all the help you need. I am glad to help anyway I can.

4 hours ago, jessicaccc said:

Hi, my name is Jessica and I'm a survivor of multiple rapes. It's been hard for me to feel validated in calling my experiences what they are, and I have felt a real lack of support among my friends after the assaults. It's been very hard for me to trust people. It would be nice to be part of a community that was supportive and understanding. I've been really depressed lately and I'm also hoping this will help give me more coping resources. Thanks for listening.

Hi Jessica and welcome to AS. I am sorry for the rapes that you went though. It is hard to trust when you have been through trauma . You have found a safe place here and you aren't alone. Take your time going over the site, we are here for you.

1 hour ago, QuitConstruct said:

Welcome to AS. I support your healing 100% Jessica. People who haven't dealt with this sort of thing tend to avoid it since it is not a very friendly subject, but I would be glad to listen and you can vent and look for all the help you need. I am glad to help anyway I can.

That is a very rational way of looking at it! Today--after posting here--I actually contacted my best friend who reacted in a very invalidating way to my phone call about an assault years ago, and she responded really positively. It was a huge relief to finally get this off my chest, as I've felt like it had been keeping a huge barrier between us for a very long time. Thank you for reaching out, QuitConstruct!

4 hours ago, aftersilence1 said:

Hi, Jessica. I'm glad that you found this community. I'm so sorry that you have suffered so much. Your experiences are valid. You were r*ped, and you didn't deserve it. It wasn't your fault.

A lot of survivors, including me, struggle with trust. It can be hard to open up, and when you do sometimes people don't understand. Depression is also common. I hope that you find support here. If you are looking for counseling resources, the Rape and Incest National Network (https://rainn.org/) has a list of r*pe crisis centers across the U.S. If you're not in the U.S., RAINN should be able to provide you with some information about international r*pe crisis resources. 

Thank you for the kind response and for the resource! I located a center near my parents' house, where I will be staying this summer, and I plan on calling them tomorrow morning. 

And thank you to everyone who responded here! I was happily surprised to get several responses so quickly. I am very happy to have found this forum! :ThankYou:

Also, I really love the emoticons here!!! SO cute!

5 hours ago, jessicaccc said:

Hi jessica,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered thru traumas, but you have found a very supportive site. I am sorry you find yourself without support on the outside, but here you will find the most understanding people. You are validated here. It takes a lot of courage to reach out. I do wish you well as you continue on this healing journey.

Mary

Hi Jessica CCC.I'm also new here. Read your post and nodded 2 sum of the things you said. Different circumstances to you but hate saying the words that relate to my situation and never had any support either. My hope is that talking to ppl who will understand. Really hope you get the help you want too hun. Lots of love.x

Welcome, Jessica. I am sorry for what brought you here, but I am glad you have found AS. It is a really supportive place. I am happy for you that your friend reacted in a supportive way this time - I told my best friend at the time and she didn't believe me. After that I didn't tell anyone for a long time and just repressed everything. Needless to say my friendship didn't survive and keeping it all in was really destructive. Anyway, just wanted to say I know how it feels when the people you trust and care about invalidate what happened to you, and am so glad that you and your friend got past that. You were brave to try again. Hope you find the help you deserve here and at the crisis centre. :youcanheal:

Welcome Jessica, but also sorry you've had to find this site.

You'll get wonderful support here and we're all listening.

I'm very happy you've rekindled your friendship. It's the little things that count that being a smile to your face.

I also love the little emoticons :dance: 

Thank you everyone! You are all so sweet and supportive! :lindybear:

On 5/16/2016 at 6:38 AM, phoenixxx said:

Welcome, Jessica. I am sorry for what brought you here, but I am glad you have found AS. It is a really supportive place. I am happy for you that your friend reacted in a supportive way this time - I told my best friend at the time and she didn't believe me. After that I didn't tell anyone for a long time and just repressed everything. Needless to say my friendship didn't survive and keeping it all in was really destructive. Anyway, just wanted to say I know how it feels when the people you trust and care about invalidate what happened to you, and am so glad that you and your friend got past that. You were brave to try again. Hope you find the help you deserve here and at the crisis centre. :youcanheal:

Thank you for sharing and understanding, Phoenix. It is helpful to hear that other people have gone through similar things. I hope you are finding the support you deserve here as well ! :throb:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you find our community informative/supportive. It sounds like you've come to the right place. I wish you well on your road to recovery.

:youcanheal::notalone::aswelcomesu: