Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Old Survivor

21 minutes ago, Struggling88 said:

Hi, QuitConstruct, and welcome! :wave: :notalone:

Thank you it is a pleasure! I am here to provide healing to the hearts and minds of the victims of this type of abuse.

Edited by QuitConstruct

Welcome Matthew! I am sorry for what brought you here as a survivor but am glad you found AS. It's normal not to know where to start. Just have a look around and take your time. There is a lot to see but after a while you will know which places are most relevant to you. Hope you find what your a looking for here. I've found everyone very supportive and kind. :notalone: :youcanheal:

12 hours ago, QuitConstruct said:

Hi I am Matthew a survivor and held it inside for 20 years, and I hope I found the right place to give and get support. Now I Need to know where to get started! So, lets go!

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered, but you have found a very supportive site. There is a lot of us who came here as a new old survivors (30+ for me). It just goes to show that it is never too late to reach out to others and work on healing. It is a big site, so just take your time and look around. I do wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

QC. Welcome to Aftersilence. Just like Phoenixxx said take your time and post whatever you are comfortable talking about at whatever pace suits you best.

when I first got here I was totally lost. I even made a topic called "lost in more senses then one". I second guessed whether or not I even belonged here after reading some of the sad stories of abuse. I couldn't relate to most people's pain.... But when I logged in again I saw the responses and I felt welcomed. I felt like I finally found a support group that cares and understands how hard it is to talk about the dark days of our lives.

Hi. I'm new but glad I found this place. 

Have a good ready. I've noticed there's a story for pretty much everyone here. I've related to quite a few already.

It's been over 30yrs for me so your not alone.

good luck and really hope this helps you Mathew.