Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

It's About Time I Say Hello.

Hello!

Okay, so it's been 5 days since I joined and this is my first post. I have 5 years worth of an aching heart, I feel so lost--&betrayed. I still can't cope. I assumed I would reach out quickly for support and I didn't. The thing is, I wanted to post and write the first day but I got nervous. I don't know what to expect from this site, but I'm hoping it helps me mentally. 

Hi, AchyH3art. Welcome! Take your time posting - no one will rush you here - just go at your own pace & as feels safe to you. I am still relatively new & haven't posted a lot about myself, but I've read a lot of posts & it has helped me to know I'm not as alone as I once felt. 

Hi, AchyH3art, and welcome! The first few posts for me were very scary to write out, but I'm glad I did. I have found this site very helpful and supportive. I'm glad you're here (even if the circumstances that led you here were not the best). :wave: :notalone:

3 minutes ago, HiddenHeart said:

Hi, AchyH3art. Welcome! Take your time posting - no one will rush you here - just go at your own pace & as feels safe to you. I am still relatively new & haven't posted a lot about myself, but I've read a lot of posts & it has helped me to know I'm not as alone as I once felt. 

Thank you HiddenHeart it's nice to meet you. I also been browsing and reading posts. It does help to know I'm not alone. The people around me are clueless!! They have no idea how it feels and are not supportive 😔 They think it's easy to just forget and let it go. (Easier said than done).

3 minutes ago, Struggling88 said:

Hi, AchyH3art, and welcome! The first few posts for me were very scary to write out, but I'm glad I did. I have found this site very helpful and supportive. I'm glad you're here (even if the circumstances that led you here were not the best). :wave: :notalone:

Hello Struggling88. Nice to meet you! Thank you for the warming welcome. I hope this site does the same for me. I've never met or talked to anyone in the same or similar situation as me. I'm looking forward to the support..I really really need it.

55 minutes ago, AchyH3art said:

Hello!

Okay, so it's been 5 days since I joined and this is my first post. I have 5 years worth of an aching heart, I feel so lost--&betrayed. I still can't cope. I assumed I would reach out quickly for support and I didn't. The thing is, I wanted to post and write the first day but I got nervous. I don't know what to expect from this site, but I'm hoping it helps me mentally. 

Hi Achyh3art, welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that you have been through. It is normal to feel nervous, take you time going over the site. There is no pressure here, you go at your own speed. What I felt that this site has helped me with, is knowing I am not alone, that their are other who understand what I am going through.

Hi Achyh3art,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive and safe site. The members are really understanding. It's not easy to reach out, we all know, so I acknowledge you for taking this huge step by reaching out right now. As everyone has mentioned, you can take it at your own speed and you will never be pressured or judged. I wish you well, as you continue your journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Yes, I think most people are clueless...unless you've been here, it is not an easy thing for someone to understand. I'm sorry you don't have supportive people around you irl. :( That is hard. I have some family members who hold to the forget, let it go & move on mentality & that is tough. It is hard to talk about anything with them when their response is to "let it go" ... I think I can pretty safely say, you won't hear that here from anyone. 

Edited by HiddenHeart
Typo

Welcome AchyH3eart. I am sorry for what brought you here and that you are struggling. I know the first few posts on this forum are daunting, but everyone is so supportive, it soon gets easier. For me it has been a huge relief to be able to talk to people who understand what I am going through - I hope it will be the same for you. Feel free to reach out when you are ready. :notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! Don't feel like you need to rush into anything you don't want to do. If you're never ready to share your story on your terms here or elsewhere, you have the right to make that choice. It's about you and what's best for your healing process. I wish you well!

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new too and it is hard. Your welcome to read my post as I didn't know where to start. So I've kind of just skimmed around the edges for now. I'm still not sure how far I want to let this go and if I dare say everything. I'm just happy to welcome ppl atm. I've had a pretty bad week with things that have triggered thinge off. But knowing I'm here and others finally get what ive been thru is making a difference a little.

Really hope this helps you. Hope to catch up with you soon.