Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hi

i was  on here  before    but i dont  remeber    i was abused  from 10 till 17  by stepfather 

i thoghut   i was  doing ok  i was  trying  to get on with my  life     but i last few  weeks  i am struggling  i am having  nightmares   i tried for the 1st to talk to  mum about them  and reply was   you shouldnt be having them     u need  to go    drs     i know  mum got  on  lot but never spoken bout  it  to  mum.   i  cant  go back top where i was before   im tryign to move  on    every one seems to think i  have forgotton   im trying to   butit   i dont it keeps coming  up 

3 minutes ago, missfrier said:

i was  on here  before    but i dont  remeber    i was abused  from 10 till 17  by stepfather 

i thoghut   i was  doing ok  i was  trying  to get on with my  life     but i last few  weeks  i am struggling  i am having  nightmares   i tried for the 1st to talk to  mum about them  and reply was   you shouldnt be having them     u need  to go    drs     i know  mum got  on  lot but never spoken bout  it  to  mum.   i  cant  go back top where i was before   im tryign to move  on    every one seems to think i  have forgotton   im trying to   butit   i dont it keeps coming  up 

Hi missfrier, welcome back to AS, I am sorry that you were abused by your stepfather, I was abused by my father. I'm sorry you are struggling and having nightmares. The hard part is it hard to forget what happened, I have learned that I needed it not to control my life. That my life is so much more than the abuse. We are here for you in your journey of healing. You are not alone.

Patricia

1 hour ago, missfrier said:

Hi missfrier,

Welcome or welcome back. If it's been awhile, that's ok, this site is still here to support you. I'm sorry your mother doesn't understand, sometimes it is difficult for people to understand that really do not know what it is like to walk in our shoes. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but there is no set time for anyone just to forget and move on. I wish it were that easy, but this site is proof that it does not happen. I wish you well as you continue your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Just now, MeBeMary said:

Hi missfrier,

Welcome or welcome back. If it's been awhile, that's ok, this site is still here to support you. I'm sorry your mother doesn't understand, sometimes it is difficult for people to understand that really do not know what it is like to walk in our shoes. I am very sorry for the trauma you have suffered, but there is no set time for anyone just to forget and move on. I wish it were that easy, but this site is proof that it does not happen. I wish you well as you continue your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

thank you