Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm new

So I figured I should post and say hi. Uhm, I've been looking for something like this. The only support group near me in person is a city away, so I really haven't gone there yet. And, anyway, I dunno how I'd feel being like...in person, y'know? But uh, hi. I'm still figuring out the website and reading through posts and stuff. I hope everyone is having a good day and, yeah, hey

Hi, beeflower. Welcome to AS. I understand the talking in person thing...it can feel a little awkward. :blush:  If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :) Take your time to read through things & post when you feel comfortable.

1 hour ago, beeflower said:

So I figured I should post and say hi. Uhm, I've been looking for something like this. The only support group near me in person is a city away, so I really haven't gone there yet. And, anyway, I dunno how I'd feel being like...in person, y'know? But uh, hi. I'm still figuring out the website and reading through posts and stuff. I hope everyone is having a good day and, yeah, hey

Hi beeflower, welcome to AS. I am glad you found our site, it can be a little overwhelming when you first come here but you have many people who are here to support you. I don't know what trauma you have been through but this is a safe place and you aren't alone.

Patricia

Hi there, welcome to the forums. I don't blame you it can be weird talking about something so private in group for the first time, however you should be able to go and not share until you're ready right?

Either way, baby steps! I'm sorry for whatever you've been through.

20 hours ago, beeflower said:

Hi Beeflower,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a supportive and safe site. The members are understanding and kind. It's always hard starting something new, so I give you a lot of credit for reaching out. As everyone has said, take your time. Comfort and familiarity with the site will come. I wish you well as you journey down your healing path.

Mary

:notalone: