Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello!

Hi. My name is Rachel and I'm very glad to be here. I found this site in hopes of better understanding what happened to me. Thank you for having me. 

:supportu:

Welcome to the forums! So sorry for whatever brought you to us. <3 I'm sure there are plenty of people whom will understand what happened to you and support you.

Just now, Valentina said:

:supportu:

Welcome to the forums! So sorry for whatever brought you to us. <3 I'm sure there are plenty of people whom will understand what happened to you and support you.

Thank you. I really want to get started talking about it but I'm not sure where to go. It seems like there are a lot of options. Could you point me in the right direction?

Uhmmm! I'm not completely sure what happened to you, but I would suggest taking a look through the forums and figuring out where YOU fit the best in where you'd like to write everything down and talk about it. You can vent, there's a place where you can share your story.

9 minutes ago, panda0889 said:

Hi. My name is Rachel and I'm very glad to be here. I found this site in hopes of better understanding what happened to me. Thank you for having me. 

Hi Rachel, welcome to AS. I am glad you found this site too. There are many people here to help.:aswelcomesu:

3 hours ago, panda0889 said:

Thank you. I really want to get started talking about it but I'm not sure where to go. It seems like there are a lot of options. Could you point me in the right direction?

Welcome Rachel. I am sorry for what happened to you. I hope this site answers some of your questions. What are you looking for out of this forum? There are different forums with different subcategories. When I first got here I just spent a lot of time browsing and reading what other people were writing, and after a while it got clearer which places were most useful for me or where I could support others. Hope you find your way around. :youcanheal:  :notalone:

2 hours ago, phoenixxx said:

Welcome Rachel. I am sorry for what happened to you. I hope this site answers some of your questions. What are you looking for out of this forum? There are different forums with different subcategories. When I first got here I just spent a lot of time browsing and reading what other people were writing, and after a while it got clearer which places were most useful for me or where I could support others. Hope you find your way around. :youcanheal:  :notalone:

I'm looking for support in getting past my trauma, understanding what happened, what is considered consent and when one should recognize there is no longer consent. I want to know if something that started out with consent could still be considered r*pe. Honestly, I'm just looking for a better understanding of these subjects and help getting past what happened. 

5 hours ago, panda0889 said:

I'm looking for support in getting past my trauma, understanding what happened, what is considered consent and when one should recognize there is no longer consent. I want to know if something that started out with consent could still be considered r*pe. Honestly, I'm just looking for a better understanding of these subjects and help getting past what happened. 

Hi Rachel,

I was just about to send you a link to the section in Gathering Place that has a really detailed description of consent. But I saw you already found it. I hope it was helpful. Consent can be taken away at any point and that needs to be respected. If you gave consent, then changed your mind, and this is not respected, that is rape. Plain and simple. Sorry for being so blunt. Hope you are taking care of yourself. 

2 minutes ago, phoenixxx said:

Hi Rachel,

I was just about to send you a link to the section in Gathering Place that has a really detailed description of consent. But I saw you already found it. I hope it was helpful. Consent can be taken away at any point and that needs to be respected. If you gave consent, then changed your mind, and this is not respected, that is rape. Plain and simple. Sorry for being so blunt. Hope you are taking care of yourself. 

Your bluntness is greatly appreciated, honestly. I always prefer straight answer to sugar coated. Thank you so much. I think I'm going to get the help I need here. I'm so glad I found this place. 

44 minutes ago, EmergingLight said:

Welcome Rachel! 

Thank you. Good to be here.

Hi, Rachel, and welcome! :wave: There are several different forums covering different topics. Once you get to 10 posts the share your story forum will be unlocked, if (and when) you are ready to share your story. For general support, try the gathering place or the aftermath. I'm sorry for what you went through. I have found AS to be a wonderful resource and very helpful. :notalone:

19 hours ago, panda0889 said:

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have suffered trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. You will find many understanding and kind members. Nobody has the right to hurt you, and I hope that the post they mentioned within your thread has helped your own personal understanding. I find it very informational and often recommend it to others who questioned their own experiences like you have. I'm happy you have found the site and wish you well as you journey down your healing path. 

Mary

:notalone:

2 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry you have suffered trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. You will find many understanding and kind members. Nobody has the right to hurt you, and I hope that the post they mentioned within your thread has helped your own personal understanding. I find it very informational and often recommend it to others who questioned their own experiences like you have. I'm happy you have found the site and wish you well as you journey down your healing path. 

Mary

Thank you!

14 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Rachel,

Mary

Thank you! Great to be here.