Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey There, I'm New

I need support. And to not feel so alone with all of this mess and tangle. I'm an adult woman with a successful career and home life. I've got joy and peace and wonderful things in my life. But on the inside I have this rotten sort of... lack of connection. And it keeps bubbling up. So I need help. I need to know I'm not alone. Which is why I'm reaching out. 

ANYWAY. The internet is a weird place. Support groups are weird. I feel embarrassed and weird. But I'm here and I'm saying hi. Thank you for listening. 

Hi miamarie,

Welcome to the forum. I am glad to meet you but sorry for what has brought you here.

You most certainly aren't alone and although healing from these things can make us feel embarrassed, you certainly aren't weird. But you are right, the internet is a weird place but the weirdness for the most part skips over this website.

I hope you find the support you need and deserve.

-SilentBird

Welcome miamarie. I like your name :) I am sorry you feel alone with things that you feel on the inside. Hope this site helps you feel less lonely. You are most definitely not alone. I get that it is weird to start on a forum like this - I found it weird and slightly awkward too at the beginning, but in the 3 weeks I've been here I have realised that this place is so supportive and caring that the weird feeling goes away quite quickly. Hope it is the same for you. 

No need to feel alone ever, as alone as one might feel you'll never be alone in any of your feelings.

Welcome to the forums. 

2 minutes ago, miamarie said:

Aaaaaaaand I'm crying. Happy tears. I honestly thought no one would bother to respond. Thank you. So much. UGH. CRYING IS ALSO WEIRD. 

This is for you if you want it. :bighug: :hug: :console:

16 minutes ago, miamarie said:

Aaaaaaaand I'm crying. Happy tears. I honestly thought no one would bother to respond. Thank you. So much. UGH. CRYING IS ALSO WEIRD. 

You are welcome. Glad they're happy tears. Sometimes they just need to come out. Your last sentence made me smile. :bighug: from me too if wanted. 

15 minutes ago, phoenixxx said:

You are welcome. Glad they're happy tears. Sometimes they just need to come out. Your last sentence made me smile. :bighug: from me too if wanted. 

Super wanted. Thank you. 

Hi and welcome to AS! You're not alone here. I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced, but I'm glad you found us. I hope you find our community supportive and informative. It takes tremendous courage to share your story. Feel free to look around and share on your own terms. You'll know when the time is right for you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

7 hours ago, miamarie said:

I need support. And to not feel so alone with all of this mess and tangle. I'm an adult woman with a successful career and home life. I've got joy and peace and wonderful things in my life. But on the inside I have this rotten sort of... lack of connection. And it keeps bubbling up. So I need help. I need to know I'm not alone. Which is why I'm reaching out. 

ANYWAY. The internet is a weird place. Support groups are weird. I feel embarrassed and weird. But I'm here and I'm saying hi. Thank you for listening. 

Hi miamarie,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you suffered trauma, but you are right...you are definitely not alone. Many of us keep things hidden on the inside, and try to control it and keep it in place, but it's not so easy, is it? You really have found a safe and supportive site, so even among the weirdness of the net, there are still good things to be found, if you look hard enough. Personally, tho...I believe it's the world that is weird, and we are the normal ones within it. But whatever way each of us look at it, none of us ever deserved to be hurt and to be going thru this at all. So weird or not, embarrassed or not,  you are welcomed and accepted here. I wish you well as you walk along your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

14 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi miamarie,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you suffered trauma, but you are right...you are definitely not alone. Many of us keep things hidden on the inside, and try to control it and keep it in place, but it's not so easy, is it? You really have found a safe and supportive site, so even among the weirdness of the net, there are still good things to be found, if you look hard enough. Personally, tho...I believe it's the world that is weird, and we are the normal ones within it. But whatever way each of us look at it, none of us ever deserved to be hurt and to be going thru this at all. So weird or not, embarrassed or not,  you are welcomed and accepted here. I wish you well as you walk along your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank You Mary. :throb::throb::throb: