Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello, I thought it was about time to introduce myself.

Hello, I thought it was about time to introduce myself.  I've been here since July but haven't made a post til now due to nerves. This community is so lovely, but I'm still scared of saying something wrong or doing something wrong. I tried sharing my story to start healing, and even though I got some support it was still too scary having it up there, so unfortunately I took it down. I'm just not ready yet. I want to get involved and talk to people, and reach out, but I have anxiety. I want to hep others, but I'm still scared, so sticking to self-posts, for now, I hope that's ok. I just want you all to know, even if I don't reply, I've heard you, I believe you, I support you and have your back 100%.

Hi angel,

It's ok that you haven't posted, there are so many ways that members use this site. It's not easy sharing, I know that to be the true. You need to do what is good for you, and if that mean taking it slow, there is nothing wrong with that. Just to reassure you tho, you cannot do or say anything wrong, if your heart is in the right place, and I am convinced your heart is. I am always worried my words will come out wrong, and sometimes they do, but even so, the responses are accepting and understanding. You will not be pressured or judged. I am sorry that you have suffered trauma, and you definitely didn't deserve to be hurt or be dealing with the aftermath your abuse has put you thru. I wish you well on your healing journey.

Mary

:supportu:

don't be ashamed or afraid of what you write..... I know this feeling and I've taken down a post before, and when I write about myself and my life specifically I tend to get pissed and I think that kinda shows in my writing. I've debated on fixing them but I'd have a hard time replacing all the text I'd end up removing. I've learned it's better to keep it as it is so people can read for themselves the anger I hold inside. That is the point of this forum after all. To try to heal in whatever way we know how. I express my pain through anger because that's an emotion I'm quite familiar with.....

Angel, welcome to the forum but I am sorry for what brought you here. I understand you taking your story down. When I shared mine I immediately had to fight back the urge to delete it. I still have the urge.

We support you too.

Hi, angel! Welcome! 

I think just writing your story is brave - so good for you! I kind-of avoid that forum - I'm just not ready for it yet. :blush:  I think whatever you say is ok & nerves are normal (at least for me) when you're doing something new. 

Do things at your own pace! It's great that you have been here so long silently cheering us on and (hopefully) getting support from reading others' stories. I'm glad you're here, and we will be here too, when you are ready :D

4 hours ago, angel66616 said:

Hello, I thought it was about time to introduce myself.  I've been here since July but haven't made a post til now due to nerves. This community is so lovely, but I'm still scared of saying something wrong or doing something wrong. I tried sharing my story to start healing, and even though I got some support it was still too scary having it up there, so unfortunately I took it down. I'm just not ready yet. I want to get involved and talk to people, and reach out, but I have anxiety. I want to hep others, but I'm still scared, so sticking to self-posts, for now, I hope that's ok. I just want you all to know, even if I don't reply, I've heard you, I believe you, I support you and have your back 100%.

Hi angel. Well I did not write here for a long time first. To be true I lost my account after I registed and wasn´t able to write yet. And I found it again after more then a year. And I decided to write. Speaking out or writing can be a good way to heal. For me it is very important to do. And helping and supporting others. is a fine thing. This way you can do good and help. And for me supporting others has a second good fine effect. It makes me feel that I can do something and so it helps me to deal with theese feelings of being weak. My prepator learned me in some minutes a feeling that formed my further life for a long time. She learned me to feel like being nothing. I still feel it sometimes today. Supporting others makes me dealing easier with that and it became better.

But I agree to MeBeMary. It is good to take it slow if you feel that it is better. If you go on slowly you have a much better chance to heal and not bring yourself in dangour to suffer to much. Welcome here and don´t be afraid to write something wrong. It´s ok. :)

:supportu::ThankYou::notalone:

d6b6e9837a7aa9f7d3d0d50af840a73e[1].jpg

Welcome Angel,

Try not to worry so much about what you write. Just be honest, sincere, and patient with yourself.  We discuss some difficult things around here. Everyone knows this, and is generally very understanding and supportive.   

Welcome back! I echo what everyone else has said - just take your time. I haven't posted my story yet either but even reading and writing about general worries or some of the aftermath has been so useful for me. Hope it is the same for you. :supportu:  :youcanheal:

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced. Share on your own terms when the time is right for you. Telling your story takes tremendous courage. I have anxiety as well, and I was very nervous about posting my story or anything else. There is no need to rush into telling your story if you aren't ready. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

I nearly started crying when I saw all these. Thank you all so much for your kind words and understanding. The fact that you reached out when you didn't have to is amazing. Thank you all so much for the support.

10 minutes ago, angel66616 said:

I nearly started crying when I saw all these. Thank you all so much for your kind words and understanding. The fact that you reached out when you didn't have to is amazing. Thank you all so much for the support.

:hug: