Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Scared

Hi, I have been on this site for about 2 weeks now but I just didn't have the courage to post anything.  I'm not really sure what to say or how this forum will help me overcome my past but my friend recommended it so I'm going to try it.  I'm really nervous about engaging in conversations and discussions on here.  

10 minutes ago, PinkButterflyy said:

Hi, I have been on this site for about 2 weeks now but I just didn't have the courage to post anything.  I'm not really sure what to say or how this forum will help me overcome my past but my friend recommended it so I'm going to try it.  I'm really nervous about engaging in conversations and discussions on here.  

Hi PinkButterflyy,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered. Nobody has the right to hurt you. It's ok to be nervous, we've all been new before, and do know how that feels. It's not easy to reach out, so you've already made your first step, but there is no rush to post, just take your time and look around. Nobody here will rush you or judge you. Give yourself some time, and comfort will come to you. I wish you well as you begin your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi, PinkButterflyy, and welcome! :wave: I was nervous and scared the first time I posted here too. I have found this site to be very helpful and supportive. I'm sorry for what happened to bring you here, but I'm glad you're here! :notalone: :aswelcomesu:

Hi, PinkButterflyy! I remember being extremely nervous when I first posted ... & there is still some nervousness sometimes when I think about talking with people I don't know ... but like princesskay said, it is very nice to know I'm not alone or crazy or abnormal for what I think or feel. Take your time to feel comfortable & post when you feel ready. 

Hello Butterfly, I hope it helps! I've found AS useful, browsing forums when I'm upset, or posting when I need to get something out. 

Welcome. 

:butterfly:

Welcome PinkButtefly,

I have been here about 3 weeks and I was so nervous before my first post. Then I just looked around and started replying here and there if I felt like I could relate or maybe even have something that might be helpful to others. Only after a while did I post something that was bothering me, and that was a little more personal and I was sooooo scared! But everyone's responses have been so amazing and the feeling of being understood and supported is amazing. I really think this place can be extremely useful for healing, and also to discuss some worries or questions you might have that your supporters or friends and family in RL might not be able to address. This is how it has been for me and it is very relieving. 

Hope you will find your way around ok. Don't hesitate to write if you want to talk. :hug:

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced. It takes tremendous courage to tell your story. Share it on your own terms when you're ready. There is no need to rush into doing something you aren't prepared to do. Nobody is here to judge you. I wish you well on your healing journey.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi pinkbutterfy, welcome and sorry for what brings you here. I have felt so far that this site has been very helpful. I certainly dont feel so alone and it's comforting to know that some of the crazy thoughts that go throu my head are not so crazy and that others feel the same. There is strength and comfort in talking to others further down the healing process too. Stay strong and remember you are in control. Always a good listener if you need one. :hug: