Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First time here

Hi resilientgirl,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. Nobody had the right to hurt you, but you are not alone. I know it's not easy to reach out, but I am very glad you did. You are going to find the members here very understanding. You took a big step today, and I wish you well as you continue to take steps down this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

1 hour ago, resilientgirl said:

I'm here because I think I need to talk to people who understand what I'm going through. I'm lost. 

Welcome resilientgirl, :aswelcomesu:

Welcome to AS resilientgirl! I know how you feel. Feel free to share whatever you are comfortable with. We all are here to support you on your journey to healing.:flowers:

Hello and welcome! I hope you find it welcoming here. If you need someone to talk to feel free to follow/add me as a friend or PM, no obligation, just a friendly offer :flowers: 

Hello resilientgirl, welcome. You are not alone. I'm sorry you experienced abuse. It was not your fault.

This group on-line is a good source of support. There is a lot of information you can read.

How is your support system? Do you have family members and/or friends who are supportive of you? a counsellor? pets?

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. I wonder what helps when you feel lost?

:notalone:

Hi and welcome to AS! It's okay to feel lost. Feel free to look around. Take your time and share on your own terms. It takes tremendous courage to share your story. I remember sharing my story and being a little nervous, but I've found tremendous support and information here. I wish you well on your path to healing.

:aswelcomesu::notalone::youcanheal: