Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Saying hello

Hi so this is my first time posting on this forum. It's been almost three years since I was raped and even though I've made lots of progress in that time, I still feel so empty and lost. I think a part of me is still struggling with accepting what happened, just having to type "since i was raped" was such a struggle and made me emotional. When I was still in college i was able to see a therapist. but after moving back home, ( where my family does not know what happened) it's been very difficult for me to meet a therapist behind their backs. On the exterior I feel like I seem normal again, but I know I'm not and I know i still have a long road to recovery. I just want to feel "normal" again and was hoping that joining a forum like this would help me with my healing. I hope that in the future I will be able to share my story. 

Hi, ttsp.  Welcome.  I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but I hope you find what you need.  There are a lot of great people here, and they give excellent support!  Sitting with you.

welcome to this community. I hope that everyone can help you recover and get better. I have history in the past of molestation and also recent experience with sexual assault with someone i knew. I hope i can help you and am always here to lend an ear to help ANYONE who needs it. I can help people I'm in school to be a therapist dealing with people who has dealt with this situation since i have been through it as has many on this site. we can all help you recover.

your in my thoughts and i hope to help you

8 hours ago, thistooshallpass4 said:

Hi so this is my first time posting on this forum. It's been almost three years since I was raped and even though I've made lots of progress in that time, I still feel so empty and lost. I think a part of me is still struggling with accepting what happened, just having to type "since i was raped" was such a struggle and made me emotional. When I was still in college i was able to see a therapist. but after moving back home, ( where my family does not know what happened) it's been very difficult for me to meet a therapist behind their backs. On the exterior I feel like I seem normal again, but I know I'm not and I know i still have a long road to recovery. I just want to feel "normal" again and was hoping that joining a forum like this would help me with my healing. I hope that in the future I will be able to share my story. 

Hi thistooshallpast4, welcome to AS. I am sorry about your rape. It is hard to write out what happened and have those feelings come up. The more we write or talk about it helps, I say giving it a voice. Because all those feeling and emotions are still deep inside of us. Take your time to get to know the site, you aren't alone here.

Patricia

15 hours ago, thistooshallpass4 said:

Hi thistooshallpass,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered. What happened to you was wrong and unfair. You have found a very supportive site. I know it's hard to reach out, and sharing your story will be up to you. I've been here for over a year and have only let out bits and pieces. There is never any pressure. I do wish you well as you continue with your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello thistooshallpass4, welcome. You are not alone. I'm sorry you experienced abuse. It was not your fault. It was not fair.

This group on-line is a good source of support. There is also a lot of information you can read.

I hear that your family doesn't know. I wonder if you have friends who know and are supportive of you?

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. It is hard to accept, however, you were able to write it here. You are very brave.

Healing is a journey and takes time. Healing is possible. Go at your own pace. It is okay to take care of yourself. What do you do to look after yourself?

May you be well.

safe place 16.jpg

Hello and welcome to After Silence

I hope you are settling in okay, if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula :aswelcomesu:

On 4/10/2016 at 2:08 AM, MzKeys75 said:

Hi, ttsp.  Welcome.  I'm sorry for what has brought you here, but I hope you find what you need.  There are a lot of great people here, and they give excellent support!  Sitting with you.

Hi mzkeys75! Thank you so much for the kind words, i hope i find what i need as well :)

On 4/10/2016 at 5:40 AM, NativeinWisconsin said:

welcome to this community. I hope that everyone can help you recover and get better. I have history in the past of molestation and also recent experience with sexual assault with someone i knew. I hope i can help you and am always here to lend an ear to help ANYONE who needs it. I can help people I'm in school to be a therapist dealing with people who has dealt with this situation since i have been through it as has many on this site. we can all help you recover.

your in my thoughts and i hope to help you

Thank you so much for the support. I'm sorry to hear what has brought you here but i commend you greatly for being in school to become a therapist. We all truly appreciate the ways you are able to aid us in recovery. I will definitely be in touch, thank you for the message. 

On 4/10/2016 at 10:20 AM, patriciag said:

Hi thistooshallpast4, welcome to AS. I am sorry about your rape. It is hard to write out what happened and have those feelings come up. The more we write or talk about it helps, I say giving it a voice. Because all those feeling and emotions are still deep inside of us. Take your time to get to know the site, you aren't alone here.

Patricia

Hi patricia. Thank you for the reply, I am overwhelmed by the amount of support i've seen on this post. It is very reassuring to see all these people reaching out, I definitely do not feel alone anymore and i cannot wait to get to know the site and the people on it better.

On 4/10/2016 at 2:02 PM, Struggling88 said:

Hi, thistooshallpass, and welcome! I'm sorry that you were r*ped and that you don't have much support IRL. Hopefully you will find lots of support here. :wave: :supportu: :notalone:

Thank you so much, I definitely can already feel the support from this page. 

On 4/10/2016 at 4:53 PM, MeBeMary said:

Hi thistooshallpass,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry for the trauma that you have suffered. What happened to you was wrong and unfair. You have found a very supportive site. I know it's hard to reach out, and sharing your story will be up to you. I've been here for over a year and have only let out bits and pieces. There is never any pressure. I do wish you well as you continue with your healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the comforting words. I have struggled to be open because I felt like people could never really understand and would just treat me differently, but I finally feel like I can share without having that feeling. I wish you well on your journey as well. 

On 4/11/2016 at 0:58 AM, Minerba said:

Hello thistooshallpass4, welcome. You are not alone. I'm sorry you experienced abuse. It was not your fault. It was not fair.

This group on-line is a good source of support. There is also a lot of information you can read.

I hear that your family doesn't know. I wonder if you have friends who know and are supportive of you?

It is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. It is hard to accept, however, you were able to write it here. You are very brave.

Healing is a journey and takes time. Healing is possible. Go at your own pace. It is okay to take care of yourself. What do you do to look after yourself?

May you be well.

safe place 16.jpg

Hello Minerba,

Thank you so much for reaching out. I do have friends who are aware of what I've been through but unfortunately I am not near them geographically at this time, they have still been supportive over text and phone, but I don't think they've ever really known how to react. They are doing their best and I'm very appreciative of it.  

Yes, I'm very glad I made the decision to become a part of this site, I've felt a sense of relief ever since. My journey was constantly centered on keeping myself busy to avoid accepting my reality. Whether it was picking up extra credits so that I could graduate early or forcing myself to join groups in college, I never really had time for myself. I'm finally taking the time to get to know myself again, whether its journaling or sitting with a coloring book or reading. 

Again, thank you for your post. Hope you are well. 

On 4/11/2016 at 4:44 AM, angelic said:

Hello and welcome to After Silence

I hope you are settling in okay, if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me or one of the team

take care

Paula :aswelcomesu:

Hi Angelic,

thank you for your post. It's truly amazing what you are doing for so many people. Thank you 

1 hour ago, HiddenHeart said:

Hello, thistooshallpass4! Welcome to AS. I think the biggest thing joining here has given me is the knowledge that I am not as alone as I thought I was. 

Thanks hiddenheart, i agree i think knowing that there are people who can really relate is very comforting.