Hello, this is my first time on a site like this. For the past 3 days I have been dealing with some emotions that happened when I was 19, (I'm 26 now)

I'm so confused on a lot of things, I don't know if this is the place I should post my story or not. I was told by my therapist to find some support groups and that they can be helpful. 

Just call me Reiina. It's nice to meet you all.

Edited by Reiina

26 minutes ago, Reiina said:

Hello, this is my first time on a site like this. For the past 3 days I have been dealing with some emotions that happened when I was 19, (I'm 26 now)

I'm so confused on a lot of things, I don't know if this is the place I should post my story or not. I was told by my therapist to find some support groups and that they can be helpful. 

I am glad to meet you but I am sorry for what has brought you here.

As far as this being the place to post your story, only you can figure that out. That being said, I am new here but I suspect this will be a good place for me(if/when I decide to tell my story).

Be kind and gentle with yourself.

Hi Reinna,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. We have forums within this site for various types of trauma related issues, and when and if you are ready (and after 10 post minimum) you can post in our Share Your Story forum. But take your time, there is no rush for anything. Just look around and get a feel for the place. You are not alone. I am glad you have found our site and wish you well as you start this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

1 hour ago, SilentBird said:

I am glad to meet you but I am sorry for what has brought you here.

As far as this being the place to post your story, only you can figure that out. That being said, I am new here but I suspect this will be a good place for me(if/when I decide to tell my story).

Be kind and gentle with yourself.

Thank you for your kindness. I'm also sorry for what brought you here. Hopefully through support we will get better. 

1 hour ago, Reiina said:

Hi Reiina and welcome, I am sorry that you dealing with something that happened to you in the past. But you aren't alone here and this is a safe place

23 minutes ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi Reinna,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. We have forums within this site for various types of trauma related issues, and when and if you are ready (and after 10 post minimum) you can post in our Share Your Story forum. But take your time, there is no rush for anything. Just look around and get a feel for the place. You are not alone. I am glad you have found our site and wish you well as you start this journey of healing.

Mary

Thank you, I will take a look around. From what I can see there are a lot of very nice people on here. 

Welcome to AS Reiina! Hope you find the support you need here. You are right, people here are very nice and supportive. 

Wish you all the best.

Hello Reiina, how are you today? I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. What helps?

Emotions can be very unpleasant and intense sometimes. They pass. In the mean time, how can you take care of yourself? There is an approach I found very helpful: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. It teaches me how to sit with emotions knowing that they don't stay for ever. There is a lot of information on the net. Have a look and see what you think.

Lately I have been colouring and it helps. Do you colour?

:flowers:

:aswelcomesu: :youcanheal: :notalone: :bighug: if ok

Hello Reiina , 

I am glad that you are reaching out. This is a brave step. Welcome to AS and feel free to post as much/little as you'd like.:bighug: if ok

Hi Reiina

welcome to After Silence, hope you're finding your way around okay

take care

Paula :aswelcomesu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found our site. I hope you find our community informative and supportive. I wish you well on your path to healing.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu: