Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey,

I feel like I am going to be typing a letter I hate opening my post with hey. UGH. But I feel as I must as I am new. Well I am not new to this healing shit, I am new to this site. I have been battling my healing process for sometimes now. Lets see I am 30 *Yikes* my abuse started when I was 5 for fucks sake I was 5. So yeah been at this a while. I have DID. EEEEKKKKK just kidding don't be scared I am harmless. I like to joke and have fun oh MOST of my post will have cuss words SORRY that's why I use a TRIGGER :)

take care of you!

Welcome Mikella,

A number of our members have DID. So far none of them have scared me. There is also a support forum for that, so feel free to stop by and check in there if it interests you. AS is a very supportive community. I wish you well on your healing journey. :aswelcomesu:

Hey Mikella, 

Welcome to AS its a great supportive site. My abuse started around 5 as well and I also have DID. I'm 32 so sounds like we already have a few things in common. We have a DID support thread in the Psychological Well-Being forum if you would like to check it out.

Hope this site contributes to your healing as it has been doing for mine

:aswelcomesu:

5 hours ago, Mikella said:

Hey,

I feel like I am going to be typing a letter I hate opening my post with hey. UGH. But I feel as I must as I am new. Well I am not new to this healing shit, I am new to this site. I have been battling my healing process for sometimes now. Lets see I am 30 *Yikes* my abuse started when I was 5 for fucks sake I was 5. So yeah been at this a while. I have DID. EEEEKKKKK just kidding don't be scared I am harmless. I like to joke and have fun oh MOST of my post will have cuss words SORRY that's why I use a TRIGGER :)

take care of you!

Hi Mikella, welcome to AS. My abuse started when I was 4 , I know how hard this can be and unfair. I hope you find this site to be very helpful to you.

Patricia

Hi Mikella,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have suffered abuse. Nobody has the right to hurt you like that. I'm glad you are reaching out here. There are many of members that are kind and caring and share similar struggles. We aren't easy to scare and a sense of humor is not a bad thing. I wish you well as you continue on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:

thank you for the replies Ladies :) it makes the days go a bit faster when you have someone who simply understands they day to day struggles. I am not easy to scare either and I often forget that people have trigger words so I make sure to use trigger in all my post bc seeing a word doesn't trigger me it is saying them that does.

take care of you

Hi and welcome to AS! I'm sorry for the trauma that led you here. I hope you find our site as informative and supportive as I have. I wish you well on your journey to healing.

:aswelcomesu: