Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Second Time Around

Hi there

I first joined AS in 2009.  Since then so much has happened in my life.  I met a lady in the later part of that year on here, who I fell in love with and eventually moved countries in 2012 to be with her.  Sadly she passed away last year after being diagnosed with a terminal illness.   At her funeral her father triggered my PTSD and I have been dealing with the aftermath of that, mixed in with my grieving for her since then. The other day for some reason I needed to come back here and read some of my prior posts along with those of friends I knew here at the time.  This space (AS) was a godsend back then.  I had no where else to turn.  I met some wonderful people here, that I still keep in touch with.  I hope you all get the same help and understanding from AS that I did.  

28 minutes ago, Mon45 said:

Hi there

I first joined AS in 2009.  Since then so much has happened in my life.  I met a lady in the later part of that year on here, who I fell in love with and eventually moved countries in 2012 to be with her.  Sadly she passed away last year after being diagnosed with a terminal illness.   At her funeral her father triggered my PTSD and I have been dealing with the aftermath of that, mixed in with my grieving for her since then. The other day for some reason I needed to come back here and read some of my prior posts along with those of friends I knew here at the time.  This space (AS) was a godsend back then.  I had no where else to turn.  I met some wonderful people here, that I still keep in touch with.  I hope you all get the same help and understanding from AS that I did.  

Hi Mon45, welcome back to AS. but I am sorry the reason you came back. So very sorry for your loss.

Patricia

Thank you Patricia.  I must admit it has been an extremely hard past eight months.  I am very lucky though in that I have an extremely good psychologist that I have been working with. 

Hi Mon,

Welcome back to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that you have suffered and I am sorry for the loss of your partner. If there is any good news, it is that AS is a very supportive site. It's probably grown some since you have left, but members are truly understanding. I'm glad you did recognize that this was a safe place and we would still be here for you. I'm sorry you have been triggered and things are a struggle now. I do wish you well, as you continue your journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Thank you Mary.  One thing I have learned is this is a journey that is for life.  While it may not always be at the front of our minds, when triggered by something, it will come back up.  Maybe not as hard and devastating as the previous time, but hard enough to seek out help.  I am not sure what I am looking for this time around.  I guess just a place that I feel safe, and to see how far I have come. 

I am very sorry for your loss. I definitely agree with you about the journey , and I am glad you came back for support and it is nice to see you again.  I am back this year as well. Take good care of yourself. 

Edited by blondi

Hi there Mon45 welcome back to AS. I'm so sorry for your loss. We have a Grief Support Thread now in The Aftermath forum if you would like to check it out. It's been really helpful for members here.

I'm glad like others have said that you found AS to be a safe place you can come back to at any time.

Wishing you well :flowers:

Hey Blondie, hi there.  Nice to see a familiar person. 

Fallenstar, Reglois and Struggling, thank you all for your welcome.

Going to look into the grief and loss section now.  Not having a good day  :(

Hi and welcome back to AS! I'm so sorry for your loss and your trauma. I hope you find it's still the same community that helped before. I wish you well on your path to healing.

:youcanheal::notalone: