Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I joined long before but I am still new.

Hi,

I joined in this network long ago. But, I don´t know why, never used. Perhaps I was not in the right condition. I remember I was still a little bit blocked at this time. Somedays ago I random found my password for this account again. So I decided to take this as a sign that being here could maybe be right for me.

I am 36 years old and I got sexually assaulted in my youth by an accquiatance. It was not a rape in sense of law but for me it was enough. I think I still can´t remember everything what happened even if some memories are back. Some people in my life considered me as overreacting I think, because I am still struggling so much with that experience. I don´t know. Perhaps I am survivor of something in my earlier childhood too or I am a secondary survivor that I can´t remember, except too dreams I had as a child and which are still clearly in my mind. And some bad feelings in some situations. Someone told me one time, that could be true. That´s why the experience of my youth is still hurting me so much, because it caused a trigger. I don´t know.

Friendly greethings to everyone,

Ausi

6 minutes ago, Ausi said:

Hi,

I joined in this network long ago. But, I don´t know why, never used. Perhaps I was not in the right condition. I remember I was still a little bit blocked at this time. Somedays ago I random found my password for this account again. So I decided to take this as a sign that being here could maybe be right for me.

I am 36 years old and I got sexually assaulted in my youth by an accquiatance. It was not a rape in sense of law but for me it was enough. I think I still can´t remember everything what happened even if some memories are back. Some people in my life considered me as overreacting I think, because I am still struggling so much with that experience. I don´t know. Perhaps I am survivor of something in my earlier childhood too or I am a secondary survivor that I can´t remember, except too dreams I had as a child and which are still clearly in my mind. And some bad feelings in some situations. Someone told me one time, that could be true. That´s why the experience of my youth is still hurting me so much, because it caused a trigger. I don´t know.

Friendly greethings to everyone,

Ausi

Hi Ausi and welcome to AS. I am glad you found your password. I do believe that our mind and body know when its time to start the  journey of healing. You have found a safe place here and you aren't alone in this. Take your time going over the site.

Patricia

Hi Patricia,

thank you for your kind comment. Yes I am very happy to found this network again and that my account is still working. Good to know about this safe place here.

:-)

Hi Ausi,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. Memory loss is not so uncommon, so you are not alone. Sometimes I come across members like you, that had signed up awhile ago, but were not ready to become part of a community like this. Maybe that is what happened to you, but I do like to see when someone is now ready to talk that walk on the healing journey. You seem ready for it. I wish you well on your journey.

Mary

:supportu:

Hi and welcome to AS! I hope you'll find our community supportive and informative. Sometime it's just nice to know that others are struggling just like we are. Feel free to share as much or as little as you like at your own pace. I've always felt it's like being part of a club you joined without wanting to and one you wish nobody else belonged to either. I wish you well on your journey to healing.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

Hi Tammyluck

yeah you are right. Good to know not to be alone. Until know I find the community here very good and helpy. Thank you for the kind greethings.

Friendly Greethings,

Ausi