Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Here

I am 33 years old and a single mother of 3 kids.  I am not good with introductions and not sure what to say.  Life has really put me through heck and back again.  I have been silenced for way too long and never believed.  It is time that it completely ends now.  I am tired of living in the shadows and being locked up in my own mind about my past.  Not sure if the internet is enough or a good idea, but thought I would give it a try.  Thanks in advance for listening to me. :)

Hi BabyDeepBlue,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive and safe site. The members here are kind and understanding. I'm sorry you are going thru a difficult time right now, but reaching out to others who understand is a very big step. It's not easy dealing with the effects of how we've been hurt, but I have found this site beneficial. The primary thing was for the first time, I did not feel alone, and you aren't alone either. I wish you well as you journey on your healing path.

:notalone:

Mary

Your introduction is perfect. :aswelcomesu:

Congratulations on having three wonderful kids. I'm sure your an awesome parent!

( deja vu..... Just got done introducing a mother of two who questioned her introduction too. Might be a potential friend for you to connect with )

Why do people have this stigma about the Internet being a bad place to meet people? ( because it is.....). Sure not everything out there is legitimate, but the Internet is actually very useful. In many many ways. Too many. Just about everything exists on the Internet. Including a safe space for us survivors. :loveas:

Welcome Babydeepblue. You have taking a very big step. AS is a safe place. You are welcome to share as much or as little as you want to, whenever you are ready to. :flowers::aswelcomesu:

Hi and welcome to AS! Any introduction you give us is totally fine. We're not here to judge anyone. I'm sorry for the trauma that led you here, but I'm glad you found us. I hope you'll find our community as supportive and informative as I have.

:notalone::youcanheal::aswelcomesu:

• 2 weeks later...