Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hi Irishgal,

Welcome to AS. I am sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. I know that when you are new can make you a little nervous, but remember that we have all been new. We all know the jitters and the uncertainty, but in time you will become comfortable. I'm sorry you are living this nightmare at all, but you are not alone. You have a community that will support you. I wish you well as you journey on your healing path.

Mary

:notalone:

1 hour ago, Irishgal8026 said:

Hi, I'm new here to this.

Trying to see if I'm following guidlines. 

Feeling numb and having an out of body experience... Need to wake up from this nightmare... 

Hi Irishgal welcome to AS, Like Mary said we all feel the way you are when we first come here. Take your time to look over the site. We are here for you.

Patricia

Welcome! You're not alone in being nervous. It takes tremendous courage to begin the journey of healing.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

Thank you all. It's just so hard. Daybreak is my enemy and night is my friend but the nightmares have started and feeling rather stuck.

No food in the house and I can barely manage getting milk from the shop.

Wish it would all go away, want the pain on the inside to leave me. And the thoughts in my head.

But I know I'm strong, and he will not get the better of me.

I check this site out but only replying now as I just didn't know what to say or do.

We're all here for the same reason. Strength in numbers :)

I didn't introduce myself properly. I'm a single 35 year old, have a 12 year old son. I'm a carer to my mother.

I'm a survivor of past sexual abuse, rape, and again another rape more recently.

It's a really tough battle. I want to scream. Between going from crying all the time to 'forgetting' then remembering, crying again and being so angry... My emotions are all over the place.

Counselling session next Wed and it feels like months away. Longest week of my entire life... 

hello Irishgal,

I'm Paula, another Irish gal!!!  I'm sorry youre having such a tough time,.  if you need anything please contact one of the Newbie Support team

take care,

Paula

Welcome Irishgal. I am sorry you are struggling.  AS is a safe place. Please let us listen for you when you are ready to talk. Please take good care of yourself.  You deserve it. :aswelcomesu: