Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

My names Kaitlyn. I'm not that great at introductions...  I have 2 little boys and the past few months alot of old things have come back to the surface and trying to find support and other people with the same battle led me here..  

Hi Kaitlyn,

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. I understand that feeling of thinking you've put something behind you, but then it resurfaces on you, and it feels like it's starting all over again. I'm sorry it has for you. Reaching out isn't easy, so realize that you have taken a big step. I wish you well as you continue down your path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hi and welcome! I'm also part of the Newbie Support Team! You're very strong for reaching out. 

On March 15, 2016 at 10:15 PM, kaitlynrachel said:

My names Kaitlyn. I'm not that great at introductions...  I have 2 little boys and the past few months alot of old things have come back to the surface and trying to find support and other people with the same battle led me here..  

Heyy ;(

21 minutes ago, kaitlynrachel said:

Thankyou everyone for being so welcoming ... after 14 years i put in a statement today, it was almost unbearable but i think i need to do it to startmoving forward

Oh? Really??? That's good news! I love it when people seal the fate of their abusers. You may even get a phone call soon telling you he's already committed another offense in the past. Once they are reported it goes a long way towards justice prevailing.

Ive realized  now that my boys are in bed and im sitting here on my own, im terrirfied. Its being investigated and I'm not close with anyone and im very closed off about talking to people about what happened.. i havent felt this alone since it happened to me...

Sitting with you Rachel. I haven't had the courage to report the crime done to me, and I admire your bravery. It shows a lot of strength - strength that will get you through this. I hope the terror eases up soon.

I was raped two weeks ago, Saturday night.  I reported the disturbance the same night, but walked into the hospital two days later and reported the rape.  It is still under investigation, but I couldn't get a stalking injunction.  I fear him.  6 foot 10 inches 350 pounds with guns and ammo in his car and he had so much control and hurt me in so many ways.  I don't regret reporting the crime, but of course Date Rape is looked at differently than other domestic violence.  I am new to this forum and I am here to chat.

Thankyou everyone.  Its just going to take alot of determination.  Because it happened so long ago and there's no evidence they want me to call him and they record it to try and get him to say something that can be used against him in court.. I dont know how I will be able to speak to him again

Welcome to AS! I'm sorry you're here, but I'm glad you found us. I think you'll find this a supportive, informative community of members. I know I was a bit nervous about sharing my story here, but it gave me tremendous relief when I did. Take your time and browse the forums at your own pace. Share when you're ready. Nobody here will judge you.

:aswelcomesu::youcanheal::notalone:

11 hours ago, amymom1027 said:

I was raped two weeks ago, Saturday night.  I reported the disturbance the same night, but walked into the hospital two days later and reported the rape.  It is still under investigation, but I couldn't get a stalking injunction.  I fear him.  6 foot 10 inches 350 pounds with guns and ammo in his car and he had so much control and hurt me in so many ways.  I don't regret reporting the crime, but of course Date Rape is looked at differently than other domestic violence.  I am new to this forum and I am here to chat.

11 hours ago, amymom1027 said:

what is the newbie support team?  I am new as of today

Hi anymom.

I'm sorry you've experienced trauma and still live in fear of this violent man. You will find much support here. The Newbie Support Team is as it sounds. We are the part of the AS staff that welcomes and assists newbie members, as they find their way around. You will likely see us in other forums, but our presence is heavy in the welcome area. If you need anything, just let one of us know. Welcome to the site.

:aswelcomesu:

Mary