Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I am new to this forum. What happened to me nine months ago by a guy I just still upsets me and I do not know why I can not just move past it. I am very shy person so I do not always talk that much. I joined this forum because it is easier writing how I feel than talking about what happened to me with others and because I was looking for support from people who have been through the same thing as me.

1 hour ago, lanalang2001 said:

I am new to this forum. What happened to me nine months ago by a guy I just still upsets me and I do not know why I can not just move past it. I am very shy person so I do not always talk that much. I joined this forum because it is easier writing how I feel than talking about what happened to me with others and because I was looking for support from people who have been through the same thing as me.

Hi lanalang welcome to AS. I am sorry for the trauma that happened to you 9 months ago. This is a safe place and you wouldn't be alone here. Take your time getting to know the different forums.

Patricia

Thank you, Patricia. I appreciate your kindness. I just have been so many feelings about what happened and I still get triggered by certain things. It feels like a bad dream that I just wish would never happened. I hoping that I can be able to heal from what happened to me eventually.

:no2: :drool: :supacool:

i am sorry life has brought you here, but you are among friends who understand. When your ready to talk we will listen. Take your time getting aquianted with the forums and take things one day at a time.

Edited by SociallyAwkward

hi lanalang,

Welcome to AS. I am very sorry that you have experienced trauma, but you have found a very supportive site. You were hurt, that takes time to overcome, please be patient with yourself. It's not an easy process, by any means, but healing is possible. You are not alone in your struggle, so please know you are not alone. We all walk this healing path together.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello there LanaLang,

Welcome. I'm sorry that you have had such bad things happen to you, but glad you found this site. You will find many people here that will encourage you and support you in your journey.

Safe hugs

Lee

Of course it will upset you. Talking about it kinda relives the situation.

I'm here because of something that happened me last weekend. I'm going down the route of counselling.

But, what I want to say is, this is the second time in my life that I've been a victim of rape. The first time was 18 years ago and I never dealt with it. You need to deal with all the crappy emotions. I'm so sorry we're all here for the same reason. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2016 at 1:53 PM, lanalang2001 said:

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am glad to meet you but sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.

Trauma isn't something people "just move past". The simple fact is trauma is traumatizing. We all have a journey to take in order to heal but those journeys are unique in their path and timing. You will take the path to peace at the pace that works for you. It cannot be rushed.

I agree, it is easier to write than to talk about horrible things. I'm still trying to find the words to put in text. I am no where near ready to use voice. So yeah, I get it.

Although I am new to this forum, I am already finding valuable support and I suspect you will as well. My friend found a lot of support here and that's why I am here now.

Please be kind and gentle with yourself and remember you deserve love, happiness, compassion and respect.

Hello lanalang2001, welcome. You are not alone. I'm so sorry you experienced abuse. It was not your fault. It was not fair.

As I said before, this group on-line is a good source of support. There is a lot of useful information you can read.

How is your support system? Do you have family members and/or friends who know and are supportive of you? a counsellor? pets?

Remember that it is normal to feel the way you are feeling at present. I wonder what helps?

You are very brave to be here. You are breaking the silence!

You say it is helpful to write about it. Do you have a journal? You can also express yourself painting and drawing.

Healing is a journey and takes time. Healing is possible. Go at your own pace. Look after yourself.

May you be well.

safe place 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...